Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipgate - no incoming audio

Sipgate - no incoming audio

Matt

Hi,

Sipgate has be great here - until yesterday.

I've lost the ability to hear the other party on incoming calls.

I'm using AAH 1.5.

I haven't knowingly changed anything.

Any ideas where I should start?

Many thanks

Matthew

Dave {Reply Address in.Sig}

In message <(E-Mail Removed). com>, Matt
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sipgate has be great here - until yesterday.
>
> I've lost the ability to hear the other party on incoming calls.
>
> I'm using AAH 1.5.
>
> I haven't knowingly changed anything.
>
> Any ideas where I should start?

Got a firewall or NAT router in the way? They are obvious problems. The
other one is whether your sound device just isn't working - can you hear
other sounds on it?
--
Dave
mail da http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (without the space)

Steve Loft

Matt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sipgate has be great here - until yesterday.
>
> I've lost the ability to hear the other party on incoming calls.

Same here.

> I'm using AAH 1.5.

I'm using X-Lite.

> I haven't knowingly changed anything.

Neither have I. I was cut off in the middle of a call yesterday and it
hasn't worked since.

> Any ideas where I should start?

Some here would say with another provider I'm thinking of giving
voip.co.uk a go. Shame about the £10 minimum though, and I'd like to
know what geographic area codes are available.
--
Steve Loft

Jono

Matt wrote:
|| Hi,
|| Sipgate has be great here - until yesterday.
|| I've lost the ability to hear the other party on incoming calls.
|| I'm using AAH 1.5.
|| I haven't knowingly changed anything.
|| Any ideas where I should start?
|| Many thanks
|| Matthew

It's normally indicative of a port-forwarding problem. That said,
periodically, I have a reboot of router, asterisk & SPAs which seems to cure
this sort of network befuddlement.

Have you just got one Sipgate number? I've experienced this on one number,
but not on another. Sipgate tweaked something or other & back it came. (or
was that something else?)

Does it occur just with calls to/from PSTN, or does it also happen with
Sipgate to Sipgate calls? Have a look for Ivor's speaking clock number if
you want to test that. (If he doesn't mind that is!)

Jono

Steve Loft wrote:
|| Matt wrote:
||| Hi,
||| Sipgate has be great here - until yesterday.
||| I've lost the ability to hear the other party on incoming calls.
|| Same here.
||| I'm using AAH 1.5.
|| I'm using X-Lite.
||| I haven't knowingly changed anything.
|| Neither have I. I was cut off in the middle of a call yesterday and it
|| hasn't worked since.
||| Any ideas where I should start?
|| Some here would say with another provider I'm thinking of giving
|| voip.co.uk a go. Shame about the £10 minimum though, and I'd like to
|| know what geographic area codes are available.
|| --
|| Steve Loft

I can't knock Sipgate, hardly had an issue (that wasn't of my own making)
that they didn't resolve quickly...........and am expecting the bashers to
be along shortly.

WRT voip.co.uk, all the available STDs seem to be there (a long list anyway)

Which would you be after and I'll have a look?

£10 that you can use on PSTN calls doesn't seem such a bad deal. Voip's not
just for us stingies you know!

Matt

It seems to be all the numbers, on incoming pstn calls at least.

Which ports do you have forwarded?

I'll reboot the router and see if that helps...

Jono

Matt wrote:
|| It seems to be all the numbers, on incoming pstn calls at least.
|| Which ports do you have forwarded?
|| I'll reboot the router and see if that helps...

All the ones recommended on the Sipgate site...............is your * in the
DMZ?

Steve Loft

Jono wrote:
> Matt wrote:
> || It seems to be all the numbers, on incoming pstn calls at least.
> || Which ports do you have forwarded?
> || I'll reboot the router and see if that helps...
>
> All the ones recommended on the Sipgate site...............is your * in the
> DMZ?

I haven't got any ports forwarded - my ISP blocks everything anyway.
Hasn't been a problem so far.
--
Steve Loft

Steve Loft

Jono wrote:

> Which would you be after and I'll have a look?

01807

> £10 that you can use on PSTN calls doesn't seem such a bad deal. Voip's not
> just for us stingies you know!

I know, it's just that I'd have liked to have tried it first
--
Steve Loft

Jono

Steve Loft wrote:
|| Jono wrote:
||| Which would you be after and I'll have a look?
|| 01807
||| £10 that you can use on PSTN calls doesn't seem such a bad deal.
||| Voip's not just for us stingies you know!
|| I know, it's just that I'd have liked to have tried it first
|| --
|| Steve Loft

Is't not there!

01805 & 01806 are, but not 7. it then jumps to 01822