Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Some signals became ? and missing on the simvision, why?

Some signals became ? and missing on the simvision, why?

Acceed See

I am performing a huge simulation, netlist and SDF file size were each
~110MB. The first segment of my simulation were correct, then all of a
sudden some of my signals became question marks. On the simvision,
they appear to have been blank after certain time, and cursor value turned
question mark.

Is this caused by memory depletion or what?

Thank you for your input.

Carl W.

Acceed See wrote:

> I am performing a huge simulation, netlist and SDF file size were each
> ~110MB. The first segment of my simulation were correct, then all of a
> sudden some of my signals became question marks. On the simvision,
> they appear to have been blank after certain time, and cursor value turned
> question mark.
>
> Is this caused by memory depletion or what?
>
> Thank you for your input.

I've noticed the same thing happening when a simulation ends.
When Simvision is connected to the sim, it apparently uses the network
to get information -- when the sim ends, it has to switch to using the
file. I've had to shut down Simvision, then restart it, to get the
correct values back.