Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipgate and Draytek 2600G

Sipgate and Draytek 2600G

andreww

Hi - I have managed to set up sipgate on my home laptop which has a Linksys
router + wap + zoom adsl modem, with Zonealarm... all works fine.

Now at work have Draytek 2600G + Norton and can not get sipgate (x-lite
softphone) and I get Norton saying there is ilegal access! I turn off Norton
and now I get a message saying 408 timeout.

All I can find on Draytek website is docs relating to VOIP router not my
2600G.

Anyone have any ideas or reference sources.

This is somewhat frustrating as it all worked find on the Linksys kit at
home.

Regards

Andrew

TheDragon

"andreww" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi - I have managed to set up sipgate on my home laptop which has a
> Linksys router + wap + zoom adsl modem, with Zonealarm... all works fine.
>
> Now at work have Draytek 2600G + Norton and can not get sipgate (x-lite
> softphone) and I get Norton saying there is ilegal access! I turn off
> Norton and now I get a message saying 408 timeout.
>
> All I can find on Draytek website is docs relating to VOIP router not my
> 2600G.
>
> Anyone have any ideas or reference sources.
>
> This is somewhat frustrating as it all worked find on the Linksys kit at
> home.
>
> Regards
>
> Andrew

You need to forward the following ports to your PC. (All UDP). If your PC
doesnt have a static address you may have a problem the next time you get a
new IP address.
5060
8000-8012

I have a draytek 2600W and it works fine both at home and work.

andreww

This is a 2600G rather than 2600W - does that make any diff?

Cheers

Andrew

"TheDragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "andreww" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi - I have managed to set up sipgate on my home laptop which has a
>> Linksys router + wap + zoom adsl modem, with Zonealarm... all works fine.
>>
>> Now at work have Draytek 2600G + Norton and can not get sipgate (x-lite
>> softphone) and I get Norton saying there is ilegal access! I turn off
>> Norton and now I get a message saying 408 timeout.
>>
>> All I can find on Draytek website is docs relating to VOIP router not my
>> 2600G.
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas or reference sources.
>>
>> This is somewhat frustrating as it all worked find on the Linksys kit at
>> home.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Andrew
>>

> You need to forward the following ports to your PC. (All UDP). If your PC
> doesnt have a static address you may have a problem the next time you get
> a new IP address.
> 5060
> 8000-8012
> 5004
> 10000
> 3478
>
> I have a draytek 2600W and it works fine both at home and work.

Andrew

"TheDragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "andreww" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi - I have managed to set up sipgate on my home laptop which has a
>> Linksys router + wap + zoom adsl modem, with Zonealarm... all works fine.
>>
>> Now at work have Draytek 2600G + Norton and can not get sipgate (x-lite
>> softphone) and I get Norton saying there is ilegal access! I turn off
>> Norton and now I get a message saying 408 timeout.
>>
>> All I can find on Draytek website is docs relating to VOIP router not my
>> 2600G.
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas or reference sources.
>>
>> This is somewhat frustrating as it all worked find on the Linksys kit at
>> home.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Andrew
>>

> You need to forward the following ports to your PC. (All UDP). If your PC
> doesnt have a static address you may have a problem the next time you get
> a new IP address.
> 5060
> 8000-8012
> 5004
> 10000
> 3478
>
> I have a draytek 2600W and it works fine both at home and work.

Martin²

Andrew:
>This is a 2600G rather than 2600W - does that make any diff?

None. In fact same ports need to be forwarded on any router.

Regards,
Martin

Andrew

I did all the port forwarding and it doesn't work. I think I probably need
to double check all x-lite settings.

Does it matter if the application is live on my laptop at home at the same
time as trying to use it at work?

Regards

Andrew

news:437a1406$0$1476$(E-Mail Removed)...