Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Is 1899 voip still alive?

Is 1899 voip still alive?

Al

I recall a while ago I registered at 1899.com for VoIP. Now when I
look back on their website I see that the VoIP link points to
voipcheap. What's the situation regarding those who registered VoIP at
1899.com - can they still use 1899 VoIP or is that no longer valid?

Stickems.

It doesn't work any more.

"Al" <.@_.invalid> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
|I recall a while ago I registered at 1899.com for VoIP. Now when I
| look back on their website I see that the VoIP link points to
| voipcheap. What's the situation regarding those who registered VoIP at
| 1899.com - can they still use 1899 VoIP or is that no longer valid?

Stickems.

CORRECTION - It does work today I just tried it. It was down (not out) when
I tried it the other day.

"Stickems." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4377360e$0$45368$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
| It doesn't work any more.
|

| "Al" <.@_.invalid> wrote in message
| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
||I recall a while ago I registered at 1899.com for VoIP. Now when I
|| look back on their website I see that the VoIP link points to
|| voipcheap. What's the situation regarding those who registered VoIP at
|| 1899.com - can they still use 1899 VoIP or is that no longer valid?

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Stickems.:
> CORRECTION - It does work today I just tried it. It was down (not
> out) when I tried it the other day.
>

> "Stickems." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4377360e$0$45368$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
>> It doesn't work any more.
>>

>> "Al" <.@_.invalid> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I recall a while ago I registered at 1899.com for VoIP. Now when I
>>> look back on their website I see that the VoIP link points to
>>> voipcheap. What's the situation regarding those who registered VoIP
>>> at 1899.com - can they still use 1899 VoIP or is that no longer
>>> valid?

18866 VoIP is alive too.

Al

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 12:51:29 -0000, Stickems. wrote:

>CORRECTION - It does work today I just tried it. It was down (not out) when
>I tried it the other day.

What are the charges for UK landline calls on 1899 voip and can you
still use an ATA or are you restricted to using their own software?

Stickems.

I have been paying 3p connection charge for UK 01 and 02 with 0.00 PPM until
Friday last. Haven't used them over the weekend as OneTel are free. They
have just increased the rate to 0.05 PPM. I don't know about using an ATA
with 1899.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:37:27 -0000, Stickems. wrote:

>I have been paying 3p connection charge for UK 01 and 02 with 0.00 PPM until
>Friday last.

In that case I see no point in using 1899 voip as it's the same price
as calling from PSTN. For me the only reason for using VoIP is that it
must be cheaper than making the equivalent call using PSTN.

Mark BR

"Al" <.@_.invalid> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:37:27 -0000, Stickems. wrote:
>
>>I have been paying 3p connection charge for UK 01 and 02 with 0.00 PPM
>>until
>>Friday last.

> In that case I see no point in using 1899 voip as it's the same price
> as calling from PSTN. For me the only reason for using VoIP is that it
> must be cheaper than making the equivalent call using PSTN.

What if you are outside the UK and want to call a UK number, one of the
major selling points of VoIP.

Mark BR

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Mark BR:
> "Al" <.@_.invalid> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:37:27 -0000, Stickems. wrote:
>>
>>> I have been paying 3p connection charge for UK 01 and 02 with 0.00
>>> PPM until
>>> Friday last.

>> In that case I see no point in using 1899 voip as it's the same price
>> as calling from PSTN. For me the only reason for using VoIP is that
>> it must be cheaper than making the equivalent call using PSTN.
>>

> What if you are outside the UK and want to call a UK number, one of
> the major selling points of VoIP.
>
> Mark BR

Or people like myself who no longer have a landline and rely on VoIP.

Al

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 06:54:06 GMT, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

>Or people like myself who no longer have a landline and rely on VoIP.

You have my deepest sympathy.

1899 Setting Up With VOIP Phone Phil UK VOIP 6 05-13-2005 03:57 AM
Two 1899 VOIP calls simultaneously? me@privacy.net UK VOIP 4 05-12-2005 09:35 PM
1899 VOIP faxing me@privacy.net UK VOIP 2 05-10-2005 07:32 AM
VoIP " 1899. com " HL VOIP 16 04-18-2005 07:55 AM
VOIP K Phone and configuration for 1899 calls Derrick Fawsitt VOIP 5 04-18-2005 07:24 AM

Advertisments