Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Cisco 7912G IP Phone or Snom 190

Cisco 7912G IP Phone or Snom 190

Ben Fitzgerald

Hi,

like the subject says, given the choice (forget price, I'm just asking
about quality here), would you go for:

a) Cisco 7912G IP Phone
b) Snom 190

If you have used both, please state this as I'll be interested to know
this.

I would be using the phone over an adsl line and would in time like to
setup Asterix pbx on my linux box to add functionality. Usage is
residential.

Please keep answers short but justify your choice. Please don't flame
over stuff! Play nicely.

Many thanks,

Ben.

--
Registered Linux user number 339435

John Smith

I would also be interested in peoples views on these phones as I am also
looking from a residential position,

--
Regards,

John Smith
Microsoft Partner

"Ben Fitzgerald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) in...
> Hi,
>
> like the subject says, given the choice (forget price, I'm just asking
> about quality here), would you go for:
>
> a) Cisco 7912G IP Phone
> b) Snom 190
>
> If you have used both, please state this as I'll be interested to know
> this.
>
> I would be using the phone over an adsl line and would in time like to
> setup Asterix pbx on my linux box to add functionality. Usage is
> residential.
>
> Please keep answers short but justify your choice. Please don't flame
> over stuff! Play nicely.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Ben.
>
> --
> Registered Linux user number 339435

Natedogg

Hi,

Currently i have both of these on my desk. Both have excelent
build quality and sound quality is great on both too.

Cisco:
Nice looking phone.
Arse to configure.
Have to buy smartnet to get sip firmeware.
They try to get you to buy a sip user license.
Slow to boot.

Snom:
Works straight out of the box.
Boots in 10 seconds.
Speaker phone quality can be a little tinny.
Not as astetically pleasing.

Hope this helps

Nathan

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Chris

"Natedogg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Currently i have both of these on my desk. Both have excelent
> build quality and sound quality is great on both too.
>
> Cisco:
> Nice looking phone.
> Arse to configure.
> Have to buy smartnet to get sip firmeware.
> They try to get you to buy a sip user license.
> Slow to boot.
>
> Snom:
> Works straight out of the box.
> Boots in 10 seconds.
> Speaker phone quality can be a little tinny.
> Not as astetically pleasing.
>
> Hope this helps
>

> Nathan

You can buy the Cisco phone with SIP already on it. Also Smartnet on that
phone is only about 5 (I believe). Have you looked the 7940 is a bit more
but a damn site easier config.

Chris...

Snom 190 Fred UK VOIP 3 11-06-2005 07:41 PM
Cisco 7912g ip phone and SIP Martin Kiefer Cisco 3 10-22-2005 05:30 PM
Justdialvoip and Voipbuster with Snom 190 gumusluk UK VOIP 0 07-22-2005 10:24 AM
Justdialvoip on a Snom 190 gumusluk UK VOIP 2 06-28-2005 06:47 AM
Snom 190 with Sipgate Fred UK VOIP 8 06-10-2005 09:30 PM

Advertisments