Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Snom 190

Snom 190

Fred

I've got a sipgate and a gradwell (the default account) account on a Snom
190. The only reason I have a sipgate account is that I can call Norway for
free. Can I set it up so I only press one or two buttons to dial a number
using sipgate when my default account is gradwell.

Brian

On 2005-11-05, Fred <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I've got a sipgate and a gradwell (the default account) account on a Snom
> 190. The only reason I have a sipgate account is that I can call Norway for
> free. Can I set it up so I only press one or two buttons to dial a number
> using sipgate when my default account is gradwell.

You might elicit a more helpful response from people if you would
indicate whether these free calls on the Sipgate account go out on the
PSTN or are SIP to SIP.

Brian.

Ivor Jones

news:dkkuad$50t$1$(E-Mail Removed)
> On 2005-11-05, Fred <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > I've got a sipgate and a gradwell (the default account)
> > account on a Snom 190. The only reason I have a
> > sipgate account is that I can call Norway for free. Can
> > I set it up so I only press one or two buttons to dial
> > a number using sipgate when my default account is
> > gradwell.

> You might elicit a more helpful response from people if
> you would indicate whether these free calls on the
> Sipgate account go out on the PSTN or are SIP to SIP.

It would have to be to another Sipgate account or to another provider with
peering. All PSTN calls from Sipgate are chargeable.

Ivor

Brian

On 2005-11-06, Ivor Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dkkuad$50t$1$(E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> You might elicit a more helpful response from people if
>> you would indicate whether these free calls on the
>> Sipgate account go out on the PSTN or are SIP to SIP.

> It would have to be to another Sipgate account or to another provider with
> peering. All PSTN calls from Sipgate are chargeable.

To be more precise, there doesn't need to be any peering arrangement between
Sipgate and another provider using <network>+<username>. All that the other
provider has to do is operate an open network and accept any incoming SIP call.
In that case there is no requirement to be registered with Sipgate.

Brian.