Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VOIP Provider Advice

VOIP Provider Advice

hairydog@despammed.com

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 15:01:57 +0000, Peter Pratten
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Except for emergencies - no 999 service. Also you'll lose service in a
>power failure unless you have a UPS; yes, I know that will also apply to
>your internal network but it would be useful to retain a limited service
>in such cases, just one land-line, would it not?

For any PBX it would be the same.

Given that just about everyone has a mobile phone, I don't think that
lack of 999 access will be an issue nowadays.
--
Visit the Hairydog Guide to Mobile Phones
http://www.hairydog.co.uk/cell1.html

David Cook

> Hi,
>
> I am going to setup VoIP for a small business. They currently have 4
> ISDN channels (2 lines), a separate analogue fax line and a 4mB down /
> 512 kB up broadband internet connection.
>
> Can anyone give me advice on the best IAX/IAX2 or SIP to PSTN provider.
> Cheap would be good, but obviously reliability is most important.
>
> Any other info or advice would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tom Jermy

Gradwell have a business targeted VOIP service. We have been using both
their inbound and outbound services for evaluating Asterisk. We will
also be using their outbound service to overflow from a single ISDN2e
connection (two channels) in a small pilot Asterisk implementation at
one of our sites.

http://www.gradwell.com/voip/

wooosh

news:436d0857$0$38043$(E-Mail Removed).. .