Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VoIP Cheap Numbers

VoIP Cheap Numbers

Gareth :-\\\) voom

Just heard you can get a geographical number for voipcheap so logged in to
get one but it says something like "There are no numbers available for your
account". My account is in positive balance too. Anyone else had this
problem?

GwG

"Gareth :-\) voom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just heard you can get a geographical number for voipcheap so logged
> in to
> get one but it says something like "There are no numbers available for
> your
> account". My account is in positive balance too. Anyone else had this
> problem?

Just signed up after seeing the other thread, (thanks Welcome), put 5
credit on the account, and got my free 'local' number in about 2 minutes
from registering.

J Smith

Gareth :-\) voom wrote:
> Just heard you can get a geographical number for voipcheap so logged in to
> get one but it says something like "There are no numbers available for your
> account". My account is in positive balance too. Anyone else had this
> problem?

Yes. I got round it by changing my address to an address in Birmingham
and got an 0121 number.

Gareth :-\\\) voom

"J Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Gareth :-\) voom wrote:
> > Just heard you can get a geographical number for voipcheap so logged in

> > get one but it says something like "There are no numbers available for

your
> > account". My account is in positive balance too. Anyone else had this
> > problem?

> Yes. I got round it by changing my address to an address in Birmingham
> and got an 0121 number.

Thanks I managed to get one by changing the address. Didn't give me a
geographical though. It gave me an 056 number.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Gareth :-\) voom:
> "J Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> Gareth :-\) voom wrote:
>>> Just heard you can get a geographical number for voipcheap so
>>> logged in to get one but it says something like "There are no
>>> numbers available for your account". My account is in positive
>>> balance too. Anyone else had this problem?

>> Yes. I got round it by changing my address to an address in
>> Birmingham and got an 0121 number.
>>

> Thanks I managed to get one by changing the address. Didn't give me a
> geographical though. It gave me an 056 number.

At least calling in wise they are treated the same as 01 or 02 numbers.

For half (25) of my bonus (50) when referred to Telewest or 5 when referred
to easyMobile contact me via above site.

Andrew

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
> Thus spaketh Gareth :-\) voom:
>> "J Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>> Yes. I got round it by changing my address to an address in
>>> Birmingham and got an 0121 number.
>>>

>> Thanks I managed to get one by changing the address. Didn't give me a
>> geographical though. It gave me an 056 number.

> At least calling in wise they are treated the same as 01 or 02 numbers.

that's not guaranteed though.

J Smith

Andrew wrote:
> > At least calling in wise they are treated the same as 01 or 02 numbers.

> that's not guaranteed though.

05 numbers are less well known as well and more likely to be considered
"premium rate", I'd rather give someone an 01 number.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh J Smith:
> Andrew wrote:
>>> At least calling in wise they are treated the same as 01 or 02
>>> numbers.

>> that's not guaranteed though.

> 05 numbers are less well known as well and more likely to be
> considered "premium rate", I'd rather give someone an 01 number.

So would I, or 02 number.

Gareth :-\\\) voom

news:kStaf.145$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Thus spaketh Gareth :-\) voom:
> > "J Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> >>
> >> Yes. I got round it by changing my address to an address in
> >> Birmingham and got an 0121 number.
> >>

> > Thanks I managed to get one by changing the address. Didn't give me a
> > geographical though. It gave me an 056 number.

> At least calling in wise they are treated the same as 01 or 02 numbers.
>

> --
> For South East Brum: http://www.south-east-birmingham.tk
> For half (25) of my bonus (50) when referred to Telewest or 5 when

referred
> to easyMobile contact me via above site.

YAC don't seem to think so either. I have a YAC 0870 number that I have
tried to divert to this new 056 number and it will not allow it. I have
contacted YAC to tell them it's a standard rate number. I will have to wait
to see what they say.