Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sip Discount & VoIP Buster no longer SIP

Sip Discount & VoIP Buster no longer SIP

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Having now dropped my landline service completely I find that neither SIP
Discount nor VoIP Buster are working with my ATA, they were up until today. I
have tested the services in software and find they will register and work with
IAX but not with SIP, so it appears they have discontinued SIP.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
> Having now dropped my landline service completely I find that neither
> SIP Discount nor VoIP Buster are working with my ATA, they were up
> until today. I have tested the services in software and find they
> will register and work with IAX but not with SIP, so it appears they
> have discontinued SIP.

I can't even get 18866 or 1899 to work via SIP either anymore!

Brian A

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 19:36:23 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

>Having now dropped my landline service completely I find that neither SIP
>Discount nor VoIP Buster are working with my ATA, they were up until today. I
>have tested the services in software and find they will register and work with
>IAX but not with SIP, so it appears they have discontinued SIP.

Nonsense as far as I am concerned. Voipbuster is working just fine on
SIP - why chuck customers away by changing protocol - it wouldn't make
sense.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Scope

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
> Having now dropped my landline service completely I find that neither SIP
> Discount nor VoIP Buster are working with my ATA, they were up until today. I
> have tested the services in software and find they will register and work with
> IAX but not with SIP, so it appears they have discontinued SIP.

Not working here either..

Registration State: Can't connect to login server

Hopefully they fix it soon.. I doubt they are dropping SIP, probably
just a fault somewhere on their system.

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 20:10:46 GMT, Brian A
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Nonsense as far as I am concerned. Voipbuster is working just fine on
>SIP - why chuck customers away by changing protocol - it wouldn't make
>sense.

I have been using Vbuster for some time now but have never been able
to get it working via my Sipura 2000 ata works fine using their
software .

Martin²

Welcome:
>I find that neither SIP Discount nor VoIP Buster are working with my ATA

I had a similar problem with sipgate and voipbuster refusing to register on
my Zyxel 2602 VoIP router. No amount of fiddling or rebooting would help,
but soft phones worked.
Some days later I found that they both registered, which might have been
triggered by power cut (but I tried that too ??).
Just goes to show VoIP is still dark art
Regards,
Martin

Philippe Deleye

news:XsP9f.142209$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
> Having now dropped my landline service completely I find that neither SIP
> Discount nor VoIP Buster are working with my ATA, they were up until

today. I
> have tested the services in software and find they will register and work

with
> IAX but not with SIP, so it appears they have discontinued SIP.

I'm using the german Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7050 (ADSL modem, router, PABX,
VOIP)
Both SipDiscount and Voipbuster are working and registering correctly
I checked my today's logfile, and there have not been any disconnects today

Philippe
Belgium

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Scope:
> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
>> Having now dropped my landline service completely I find that
>> neither SIP Discount nor VoIP Buster are working with my ATA, they
>> were up until today. I have tested the services in software and
>> find they will register and work with IAX but not with SIP, so it
>> appears they have discontinued SIP.

> Not working here either..
>
> Registration State: Can't connect to login server
>
> Hopefully they fix it soon.. I doubt they are dropping SIP, probably
> just a fault somewhere on their system.

You're right it must have been a fault on their system, I had been checking
since I got home from work this morning and at around 07:10 it started working
again.

Scope

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
> Thus spaketh Scope:
>>Not working here either..
>>
>>Registration State: Can't connect to login server
>>
>>Hopefully they fix it soon.. I doubt they are dropping SIP, probably
>>just a fault somewhere on their system.

> You're right it must have been a fault on their system, I had been checking
> since I got home from work this morning and at around 07:10 it started working
> again.

Strange, mine is still not working.. same error.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Scope:
> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
>> Thus spaketh Scope:
>>> Not working here either..
>>>
>>> Registration State: Can't connect to login server
>>>
>>> Hopefully they fix it soon.. I doubt they are dropping SIP, probably
>>> just a fault somewhere on their system.

>> You're right it must have been a fault on their system, I had been
>> checking since I got home from work this morning and at around 07:10
>> it started working again.
>>

> Strange, mine is still not working.. same error.

I had been trying my original settings and different settings this morning.
The current settings I am using are ones I tried earlier and didn't work but
now do.

My original settings were to use an outbound proxy set to:
nat.voiptalk.org:5065

Currently that setting still doesn't work.

Changing Setting to: Use Outbound Proxy: NO and Use OB Proxy In Dialog: NO
works, however I got one way audio so set NAT Mapping Enable: YES and NAT Keep
Alive Enable: YES , where previously I hadn't needed to.

Also it was only allowing me use 711 codec, but in the last minute or two it's
again allowing 729a whether it ignores this when set to Use Pref Codec Only: I
don't know other than a few minutes ago with 729a only I wouldn't hear the
voice announcement and the call would hang up on answer, however now it is
back to working fine on 729a as before.

I hope the above makes sense, as I'm a little tired.