Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Receiving a fax over a SIP trunk

Receiving a fax over a SIP trunk

Jono

Sparks wrote:
||| done.............doesn't look any more private though. No worries.
||| YGM.
|| Okay, I have sent you three (ignore the bit in the fax about sending it
|| twice!)
|| One via Sipgate directly to your Sipgate ID, using a PAP2 connected to
|| my asterisk box (My fax tells me this we received OK)
|| One via the PSTN to your Sipgate geographic number, using a PAP2
|| connected to my asterisk box, routing out via a clone x100p (My fax
|| tells me this was NOT received OK)
|| And finally one via the PSTN to your Sipgate geographic number, using
|| the fax machine directly plugged into my NTL line (my fax tells me
|| this was received OK)
|| Please let me know!
|| Sparks...

Direct to Sipgate = Fine
PSTN to Sipgate geo routed thru your * & clone x110p = Only got top third
From PSTN direct to Sipgate geo = Fine.

Your header has my fax number with the last two digits the wrong way round.
Obviously you dialled it correctly, or I've been giving out the wrong number
& you actually guessed the number!

I've not done anything special - The Sipgate number is a DID on a@h, this in
turn passes the call to Line 2 on a Sipura SPA2100, then onto an old
analogue PBX, then onto the fax machine. I'm always suprised that it works.

Sparks

> Direct to Sipgate = Fine
> PSTN to Sipgate geo routed thru your * & clone x110p = Only got top third
> From PSTN direct to Sipgate geo = Fine.
>
> Your header has my fax number with the last two digits the wrong way
> round. Obviously you dialled it correctly, or I've been giving out the
> wrong number & you actually guessed the number!

That would be a typo on the fax header then!

Do you mind if I try a few more routes?

> I've not done anything special - The Sipgate number is a DID on a@h, this
> in turn passes the call to Line 2 on a Sipura SPA2100, then onto an old
> analogue PBX, then onto the fax machine. I'm always suprised that it
> works.

All seems ok (apart from my clone x100p!)

Sparks...

Jono

Sparks wrote:
||| Direct to Sipgate = Fine
||| PSTN to Sipgate geo routed thru your * & clone x110p = Only got top
||| third From PSTN direct to Sipgate geo = Fine.
||| Your header has my fax number with the last two digits the wrong way
||| round. Obviously you dialled it correctly, or I've been giving out the
||| wrong number & you actually guessed the number!
|| That would be a typo on the fax header then!
|| Do you mind if I try a few more routes?
||| I've not done anything special - The Sipgate number is a DID on a@h,
||| this in turn passes the call to Line 2 on a Sipura SPA2100, then onto
||| an old analogue PBX, then onto the fax machine. I'm always suprised
||| that it works.
|| All seems ok (apart from my clone x100p!)
|| Sparks...

Try away.....

BTW, I ditched my x100p clone in favour of an SPA3000, although the clone
card would receive faxes directly & email them to the user. The clone card
suffered very much from clipping, so couldn't have a very satisfactory voice
call, let alone fax.

Sparks

> Try away.....

Ta

> BTW, I ditched my x100p clone in favour of an SPA3000, although the clone
> card would receive faxes directly & email them to the user. The clone card
> suffered very much from clipping, so couldn't have a very satisfactory
> voice call, let alone fax.

I have the SPA-3000, it was working fine, then I updated to AAH 1.5 - now it
doesn't seem to want to work (What I really mean is, I am having trouble
getting it to work!)

I don't suppose there is any chance you could send me a PDF or suchlike of
your SPA-3000 settings, and relevant AAH trunks/extensions (with personal
details removed of course!)

I am intending documenting everything I have done, and sticking it on a web
page for others (and for me, when I break something

Sparks...

Jono

Sparks wrote:
||| Try away.....
|| Ta
||| BTW, I ditched my x100p clone in favour of an SPA3000, although the
||| clone card would receive faxes directly & email them to the user. The
||| clone card suffered very much from clipping, so couldn't have a very
||| satisfactory voice call, let alone fax.
|| I have the SPA-3000, it was working fine, then I updated to AAH 1.5 -
|| now it doesn't seem to want to work (What I really mean is, I am
|| having trouble getting it to work!)
|| I don't suppose there is any chance you could send me a PDF or
|| suchlike of your SPA-3000 settings, and relevant AAH trunks/extensions
|| (with personal details removed of course!)
|| I am intending documenting everything I have done, and sticking it on
|| a web page for others (and for me, when I break something
|| Sparks...

Yes, I will PDF it, if I can work out how to print to a PDF & remove
personal details

I'm glad you mentioned that you're using a@h 1.5 - I was toying with
upgrading tomorrow - I don't think I will just yet.

BTW the fax you just sent -
PAP2=>A@H=>Sipdiscount came through fine.

Jono

Sparks wrote:
||| Try away.....
|| Ta
||| BTW, I ditched my x100p clone in favour of an SPA3000, although the
||| clone card would receive faxes directly & email them to the user. The
||| clone card suffered very much from clipping, so couldn't have a very
||| satisfactory voice call, let alone fax.
|| I have the SPA-3000, it was working fine, then I updated to AAH 1.5 -
|| now it doesn't seem to want to work (What I really mean is, I am
|| having trouble getting it to work!)
|| I don't suppose there is any chance you could send me a PDF or
|| suchlike of your SPA-3000 settings, and relevant AAH trunks/extensions
|| (with personal details removed of course!)
|| I am intending documenting everything I have done, and sticking it on
|| a web page for others (and for me, when I break something
|| Sparks...

CDR in AMP shows 4 calls, yet I've got 2 prints, 1 blank page & an error
report

PAP2=>a@h=>VOIPBUSTER ok
PAP2=>a@h=>SIPDISCOUNT ok

Jono

Sparks wrote:
||| Try away.....
|| Ta
||| BTW, I ditched my x100p clone in favour of an SPA3000, although the
||| clone card would receive faxes directly & email them to the user. The
||| clone card suffered very much from clipping, so couldn't have a very
||| satisfactory voice call, let alone fax.
|| I have the SPA-3000, it was working fine, then I updated to AAH 1.5 -
|| now it doesn't seem to want to work (What I really mean is, I am
|| having trouble getting it to work!)
|| I don't suppose there is any chance you could send me a PDF or
|| suchlike of your SPA-3000 settings, and relevant AAH trunks/extensions
|| (with personal details removed of course!)
|| I am intending documenting everything I have done, and sticking it on
|| a web page for others (and for me, when I break something
|| Sparks...

Fifth one:

PAP2=>A@H=>x100p ok

Jono

Sparks wrote:
||| Try away.....
|| Ta

the CLI that ends with a 6, is that NTL, or Sipgate?

Jono

Sparks wrote:
||| Try away.....
|| Ta

Fax me some paper over!

Sparks

> the CLI that ends with a 6, is that NTL, or Sipgate?

That's NTL

Sparks..