Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > asterisk@home and changing Music On Hold

asterisk@home and changing Music On Hold

Sparks

Some time ago I was on hold wen I called a company, during this hold time
they offerd me several options if I wanted to change the music I was
listning to while I was holding (That's neat I thought)...I think it was
Virgin Mobile, if my memory serves me correctly.

Can we do this with AAH easily?

I have had a play, and can sort of do it with digital receptionists, having
seperate queues for each MOH context, however this would mean every time the
music was changed by the caller, they would then go to the back of that
particular queue, not good!

Is there a way to do it without this happening?

Ta!

Sparks...

viperdudeuk@gmail.com

Yes, but not easily as you requested.

Sparks

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Yes, but not easily as you requested.

Okay, what is the hard way then

Sparks...

Sparks

"Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:43621a4b$0$38044$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> Yes, but not easily as you requested.
>>

> Okay, what is the hard way then

The ideal situation would be to have a prompt every, say, 2 minutes "Thank
you for your patience, If you would like to change the music just Press 1 at
any time"

Then when the press 1, they get a choice "You are currently listening to
xxxx, press 1 to continue with this selection, press 2 listen to yyyyy or
press 3 to listen to zzzzz.

But even if they are in the menu, selecting a new choice, if an agent
becomes available, the call should be put through.

Sparks...

viperdudeuk@gmail.com

You can change the music on hold easily with

SetMusicOnHold()

however the hard part is putting them back in the queue at the same
place they were when they opted to change the music. There is some
commercial software from OrderlyQ that hooks into Asterisk that will do
this for you,

Regards

Jon

Ivor Jones

"Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:43621d21$0$38045$(E-Mail Removed)
> "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> news:43621a4b$0$38044$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> > > Yes, but not easily as you requested.
> > >

> > Okay, what is the hard way then
> >

> The ideal situation would be to have a prompt every, say,
> 2 minutes "Thank you for your patience, If you would like
> to change the music just Press 1 at any time"

How about a prompt that says "we don't want to talk to you enough to have
a real person answer, press 1 if you're an idiot and want to carry on
listening to inane muzak, or hang up if you're not"

Ivor

viperdudeuk@gmail.com

my voicemail says, "thank you for calling but I dont want to talk to
you, leave a message and if i cam be bothered i'll listen to it"

Ian

"Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:43621d21$0$38045$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> news:43621a4b$0$38044$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> >> Yes, but not easily as you requested.
> >>

> > Okay, what is the hard way then
> >

> The ideal situation would be to have a prompt every, say, 2 minutes "Thank
> you for your patience, If you would like to change the music just Press 1

at
> any time"
>
> Then when the press 1, they get a choice "You are currently listening to
> xxxx, press 1 to continue with this selection, press 2 listen to yyyyy or
> press 3 to listen to zzzzz.
>
> But even if they are in the menu, selecting a new choice, if an agent
> becomes available, the call should be put through.

Hi.
An easy way would be to give them the choice either before entering the
queue, IE asking , "do you want Classical, Rap, grunge etc, That way the
postition in queue isnt effected. Or you offer it while in the queue and
after the choice option the caller is put in a queue with a higher
weighting, thereby being answered before the next person in the original
queue. It all depends how long people are queueing, In most call centers I
have deployed or trained the admins of, the average hold time is 35 to 45
seconds.

Ian

Sparks

> Hi.
> An easy way would be to give them the choice either before entering the
> queue, IE asking , "do you want Classical, Rap, grunge etc, That way the
> postition in queue isnt effected. Or you offer it while in the queue and
> after the choice option the caller is put in a queue with a higher
> weighting, thereby being answered before the next person in the original
> queue. It all depends how long people are queueing, In most call centers I
> have deployed or trained the admins of, the average hold time is 35 to 45
> seconds.

I take it that wasn't at:-

BT, NTL, O2 or Demon Internet then! - 35-45 minutes would have been a little
closer to the mark

I would prefer it to be changeable during the waiting time, that way it
gives the caller something to play about with so the time pass quicker

Sparks...