Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > voipfone down

voipfone down

Mathew Curtis

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On 27 Oct 2005 13:44:17 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> >> I have just checked my phone and I can dial out but can't receive
> >> calls and can't access the website either .

> >website and phones allok for me gonna email them and see if they have
> >had any problems
> >
> >Mat

> Could be down to BT Mat there was a message on our F2S account page
> earlier saying there where problems in a number of area's and gave a
> whole list of area codes .

Good old BT

Mat

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On 27 Oct 2005 13:54:07 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Not Tried free talk yet but still happy with voipfone at the moment for
>me the virtual pbx is the dog's boll*&%s i wouldn't be without it now

PBX ok if you have a use for one Freetalk is ok especially for anyone
like me who picked up the All Calls box for 19.98 the other week from
Dixons website when they made a mistake with the pricing . Tried for
the 99.99 32 in widescreen TV and stand that they had on last
Saturday should have been 498.00 they soon emailed everyone telling
them that they had run out of stock !! )) .

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:46:43 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>No probs on Sipgate

There wouldn't be )))) .

Brian A

On 27 Oct 2005 13:59:08 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> On 27 Oct 2005 13:44:17 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> >website and phones allok for me gonna email them and see if they have
>> >had any problems
>> >
>> >Mat

>> Could be down to BT Mat there was a message on our F2S account page
>> earlier saying there where problems in a number of area's and gave a
>> whole list of area codes .

>Good old BT
>
>Mat

Yes my voipfone was down - quite a long time too.
Currently there isn't much competition.
voiptalk (if you can get it working) doesn't offer a geo number unless
you subscribe to their 'silver service' @ 2.99/month.
Up to that you get a 0871 - at least with voipfone if you don't pay 2
for a geo you can use an 056 number which, from 18866, costs the same
as a geo. and is not, anyway, as expensive to call from other
operators as an 0871. I don't think that voiptalk have got their model
quite right. I don't know how reliable they are - I haven't managed to
get it working properly yet.
I wouldn't be interested in paying a block amount for calls to Vonage
etc. I want the freedom to choose operator at any one time.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:36:56 GMT, Brian A
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I wouldn't be interested in paying a block amount for calls to Vonage
>etc. I want the freedom to choose operator at any one time.

At 18.99 plus 6.99 a month you could do a lot worse than Freetalk been
with them a month now and no down time , another advantage over
voipfone , sipgate and the rest including Vonage is that with Freetalk
you do not need to keep dialing your local area code when making a
local call .

Brian A

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 00:25:28 +0100, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:36:56 GMT, Brian A
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I wouldn't be interested in paying a block amount for calls to Vonage
>>etc. I want the freedom to choose operator at any one time.

>At 18.99 plus 6.99 a month you could do a lot worse than Freetalk

Works out to be equivalent to 1026 voipbuster UK minutes/month at
today's currency conversion. What you choose all comes down to how
much you use your landline.
Alternatively, for a while at least, an infinite number of sipdiscount
UK minutes and 5 Euros back in your pocket this month (compared to the
6.99 spend) - over 10 Euros/month less spend, after that, if free
calls continue.
> been with them a month now and no down time ,

No down time is an advantage. However I have found that voipbuster has
been much more reliable of late.
> another advantage over
>voipfone , sipgate and the rest including Vonage is that with Freetalk
>you do not need to keep dialing your local area code when making a
>local call .

I don't need to dial my local code, this is taken care of in my dial
plan.
<:00441274>[2-9]xxxxx<:@gw4>

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Voipfone down? Lee UK VOIP 4 09-04-2007 03:13 PM
Voipfone (and its web site) down? Mark UK VOIP 5 05-03-2006 04:31 PM
Voipfone service down? graham@ideadata.co.uk UK VOIP 10 12-23-2005 04:08 PM
Voipfone down? Steve UK VOIP 11 09-29-2005 08:30 AM
voipfone.co.uk - SIP server down? Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk UK VOIP 6 09-04-2005 04:42 PM

Advertisments