Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Help saving PAP2 configuration settings

Help saving PAP2 configuration settings

Joe

I can't find any way of documenting the configuration settings I have
for my PAP2. There are so many settings that I'd like to document them
and save the documentation, but I can't find any way of conveniently
doing this. Linksys don't seem to provide a way of doing this. I
thought maybe I could display each page of the configuration on my
browser and use the PrtScr facility on the keyboard to capture the
image and save it as a file. Unfortunately it only captures the bit of
the configuration that's visible on the screen.

Does anyone know of a convenient way to capture all my PAP2 settings
to a file?

ras

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 00:07:08 +0100, Joe <#@_.invalid> wrote:

>I can't find any way of documenting the configuration settings I have
>for my PAP2. There are so many settings that I'd like to document them
>and save the documentation, but I can't find any way of conveniently
>doing this. Linksys don't seem to provide a way of doing this. I
>thought maybe I could display each page of the configuration on my
>browser and use the PrtScr facility on the keyboard to capture the
>image and save it as a file. Unfortunately it only captures the bit of
>the configuration that's visible on the screen.
>
>Does anyone know of a convenient way to capture all my PAP2 settings
>to a file?

When displayed in browser

File/Save AS

Append "Linksys PAP2 Configuration" with name of particular page you
are displaying at that time.
i.e.Append "Linksys PAP2 Configuration" with SiP ,Prov, Regional, or
Line1 etc each time you save
-- ras

Joe

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 06:37:05 +0100, ras wrote:

>When displayed in browser
>
>File/Save AS
>
>Append "Linksys PAP2 Configuration" with name of particular page you
>are displaying at that time.
>i.e.Append "Linksys PAP2 Configuration" with SiP ,Prov, Regional, or
>Line1 etc each time you save

I've tried that.

If you use the option "Save as Webpage, complete (*.htm, *.html)" it
clutters up your file system with a subfolder and many files. By the
time you repeat that for each individual page, you end up with a
needlessly large number of different subfolders and masses of files.

What I really want is to capture each page as a single image. It isn't
ideal, but at least limits the number of files and you don't get this
messy subfolder nonsense.

I'm amazed that with the scores of parameters (most of which I haven't
a clue about), that the manufacturers don't provide a "save
configuration to file" option. Is it the same with other ATAs? Setting
up these units is already hugely complicated as it witnessed by the
large number of threads dedicated here to this task. Then, having
finally after days of struggle got your ATA working, trying to
remember all these scores of parameters off by heart is just
impossible.

Mark

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:33:57 +0100, Joe <#@_.invalid> wrote:

[snip]

>I've tried that.
>
>If you use the option "Save as Webpage, complete (*.htm, *.html)" it
>clutters up your file system with a subfolder and many files. By the
>time you repeat that for each individual page, you end up with a
>needlessly large number of different subfolders and masses of files.
>
>What I really want is to capture each page as a single image. It isn't
>ideal, but at least limits the number of files and you don't get this
>messy subfolder nonsense.

[snip]

....so save it as a .mht single archive (a drop-down menu option in
"Save -as")

Scope

Joe wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 06:37:05 +0100, ras wrote:
>

>>When displayed in browser
>>
>>File/Save AS
>>
>>Append "Linksys PAP2 Configuration" with name of particular page you
>>are displaying at that time.
>>i.e.Append "Linksys PAP2 Configuration" with SiP ,Prov, Regional, or
>>Line1 etc each time you save

> I've tried that.
>
> If you use the option "Save as Webpage, complete (*.htm, *.html)" it
> clutters up your file system with a subfolder and many files. By the
> time you repeat that for each individual page, you end up with a
> needlessly large number of different subfolders and masses of files.
>
> What I really want is to capture each page as a single image. It isn't
> ideal, but at least limits the number of files and you don't get this
> messy subfolder nonsense.
>
> I'm amazed that with the scores of parameters (most of which I haven't
> a clue about), that the manufacturers don't provide a "save
> configuration to file" option. Is it the same with other ATAs? Setting
> up these units is already hugely complicated as it witnessed by the
> large number of threads dedicated here to this task. Then, having
> finally after days of struggle got your ATA working, trying to
> remember all these scores of parameters off by heart is just
> impossible.

You want to try a program called Snag-It
(http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/default.asp). Free trail
available.

Sparks

"Joe" <#@_.invalid> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I can't find any way of documenting the configuration settings I have
> for my PAP2. There are so many settings that I'd like to document them
> and save the documentation, but I can't find any way of conveniently
> doing this. Linksys don't seem to provide a way of doing this. I
> thought maybe I could display each page of the configuration on my
> browser and use the PrtScr facility on the keyboard to capture the
> image and save it as a file. Unfortunately it only captures the bit of
> the configuration that's visible on the screen.
>
> Does anyone know of a convenient way to capture all my PAP2 settings
> to a file?

How about "printing" to a PDF file?
http://www.docudesk.com/support_files.shtml

Sparks...

Sean

Joe wrote:
> I can't find any way of documenting the configuration settings I have
> for my PAP2. There are so many settings that I'd like to document them
> and save the documentation, but I can't find any way of conveniently
> doing this. Linksys don't seem to provide a way of doing this. I
> thought maybe I could display each page of the configuration on my
> browser and use the PrtScr facility on the keyboard to capture the
> image and save it as a file. Unfortunately it only captures the bit of
> the configuration that's visible on the screen.
>
> Does anyone know of a convenient way to capture all my PAP2 settings
> to a file?

I just went to the IP/Admin/Advanced, File Save As, Webpage complete.
And it works, all pages are saved, its all just one big page really,
divided using some clever way. It will just save as it is on the
PAP2..........Well mine did

PAP2 configuration Rich UK VOIP 14 05-20-2007 06:46 PM
VOIPcheap and PAP2 configuration Stan UK VOIP 25 12-10-2006 03:03 PM
PAP2 UK Settings JC UK VOIP 2 07-13-2006 10:48 PM
PAP2 settings for common voip companies? 7 UK VOIP 47 08-14-2005 09:45 AM

Advertisments