Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > voiptalk as an SPA-3000 gateway setting - tengo problema!

voiptalk as an SPA-3000 gateway setting - tengo problema!

Brian A

SPA-3000:
I have voipfone as my main provider - Works well.
I have voipbuster on gw4 - Works well.

I've tried setting up vopitalk on gw2. I thought it would be simple
but it doesn't work. When I dial option 901, which is supposed to give
credit balance (of which I have none) it returns:
"You have entered incorrect log-in details too many times."
If I check it out by dialling an 0800 number (Nationwide BS) I get a
message referring to a 'calling card userid or pasword is incorrect.'

I am certain that the usernumber and password has been entered
correctly.

Settings gw2:
Gateway(E-Mail Removed)
GW2 password: passnumber given
GW2 Auth IDxxxxxxx

where xxxxxxx is the usernumber

Any ideas?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Brian A

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:41:44 GMT, Brian A
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>SPA-3000:
>I have voipfone as my main provider - Works well.
>I have voipbuster on gw4 - Works well.
>
>I've tried setting up vopitalk on gw2. I thought it would be simple
>but it doesn't work. When I dial option 901, which is supposed to give
>credit balance (of which I have none) it returns:
>"You have entered incorrect log-in details too many times."
>If I check it out by dialling an 0800 number (Nationwide BS) I get a
>message referring to a 'calling card userid or pasword is incorrect.'
>
>I am certain that the usernumber and password has been entered
>correctly.
>
>Settings gw2:
>Gateway(E-Mail Removed)
>GW2 password: passnumber given
>GW2 Auth IDxxxxxxx
>
>where xxxxxxx is the usernumber
>
>Any ideas?
>

>Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

To answer my own posting lest it be useful to others:
I couldn't get the gateway setting to work. Instead I set up the dial
plan to access voiptalk, by dialling #2, thus:
|<#02,:>xx.<:@voiptalk.org;usr="xxxxxxxx";pwd="xxx xxx";nat=yes>
where:
xxxxxxxx is my usernumber
xxxxxx is my passnumber
xx. means any number of 2 digits or more after #2 has selected the
operator.

This now gives a postive response on the test number 902.

However, if I try to dial any subscriber numbers, for example access
the gradwell system (*472) or dial an 0800 I get the unobtainable
tone.
I suspect that you can't do anything on voiptalk unless you purchase
credit - I could be wrong though - any comments re this?

On 2005-10-26, Brian A <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> To answer my own posting lest it be useful to others:
> I couldn't get the gateway setting to work. Instead I set up the dial
> plan to access voiptalk, by dialling #2, thus:
>|<#02,:>xx.<:@voiptalk.org;usr="xxxxxxxx";pwd="xx xxxx";nat=yes>
> where:
> xxxxxxxx is my usernumber
> xxxxxx is my passnumber
> xx. means any number of 2 digits or more after #2 has selected the
> operator.
>
> This now gives a postive response on the test number 902.
>
> However, if I try to dial any subscriber numbers, for example access
> the gradwell system (*472) or dial an 0800 I get the unobtainable
> tone.

What do you get with 82412345?

It is some time since I used VoIPtalk but doing a quick test a few
minutes ago connected me with a 0800 number. As for the peering, try
**xxx. That worked for me; it shouldn't (I have read the website) so it
could be something in my dial plan.

> I suspect that you can't do anything on voiptalk unless you purchase
> credit - I could be wrong though - any comments re this?

I suspect you are wrong. Credit on your card is needed to connect with
the PSTN but VoIPtalk do not place any restriction on incoming or
outgoing SIP to SIP calls.

--
Brian

Brian A

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 23:31:19 +0000 (UTC), Brian <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 2005-10-26, Brian A <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> To answer my own posting lest it be useful to others:
>> I couldn't get the gateway setting to work. Instead I set up the dial
>> plan to access voiptalk, by dialling #2, thus:
>>|<#02,:>xx.<:@voiptalk.org;usr="xxxxxxxx";pwd="x xxxxx";nat=yes>
>> where:
>> xxxxxxxx is my usernumber
>> xxxxxx is my passnumber
>> xx. means any number of 2 digits or more after #2 has selected the
>> operator.
>>
>> This now gives a postive response on the test number 902.
>>
>> However, if I try to dial any subscriber numbers, for example access
>> the gradwell system (*472) or dial an 0800 I get the unobtainable
>> tone.

>What do you get with 82412345?

Just a silent line. What is this number anyway?

>It is some time since I used VoIPtalk but doing a quick test a few
>minutes ago connected me with a 0800 number. As for the peering, try
>**xxx. That worked for me; it shouldn't (I have read the website) so it
>could be something in my dial plan.

tried **472 - on dialling the 2 got unobtainable tone.

Tried dialling an 0800 as
0800 xx xx xx
44800 xx xx xx
0044800 xx xx xx
none worked.
Guess something else must be wrong even though when I dial 902 I get
the message that all is OK.

On 2005-10-27, Brian A <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 23:31:19 +0000 (UTC), Brian <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>>What do you get with 82412345?

> Just a silent line. What is this number anyway?

It is a number in the format used by VoIPtalk. If your phone is
registered with their registration server you should not get a silent
line. Dialing a number which is in service should give you either a
ringing tone or a voice message telling you the user is unavailable. As
it happens 82412345 is not in service, so there is a voice message
informing you of that.

>>It is some time since I used VoIPtalk but doing a quick test a few
>>minutes ago connected me with a 0800 number. As for the peering, try
>>**xxx. That worked for me; it shouldn't (I have read the website) so it
>>could be something in my dial plan.

> tried **472 - on dialling the 2 got unobtainable tone.

VoIPtalk gives *xxx for connecting to Gradwell whereas the Gradwell
website maintains it is **xxx. **xxx works for me; *xxx doesn't.
Whether or not VoIPtalk's peering numbers are given correctly I can
set up a call with another network.

> Tried dialling an 0800 as
> 0800 xx xx xx
> 44800 xx xx xx
> 0044800 xx xx xx
> none worked.

This should definitely work without having to credit an account.

> Guess something else must be wrong even though when I dial 902 I get
> the message that all is OK.

Sorry I cannot help with the SPA 3000 a bit more but I think your
conclusion is correct. What do you get with 903, 904 and 9123?

Brian.

Brian

On 2005-10-26, Brian A <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:41:44 GMT, Brian A
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> To answer my own posting lest it be useful to others:
> I couldn't get the gateway setting to work. Instead I set up the dial
> plan to access voiptalk, by dialling #2, thus:
>|<#02,:>xx.<:@voiptalk.org;usr="xxxxxxxx";pwd="xx xxxx";nat=yes>
> where:
> xxxxxxxx is my usernumber
> xxxxxx is my passnumber
> xx. means any number of 2 digits or more after #2 has selected the
> operator.

Three points to consider.

Should you not be starting the dialing sequence with #02?

What is the 'usr="xxxxxxxx";pwd="xxxxxx";nat=yes' intended to do? Is
this in the SPA handbook? Have you tried leaving it out?

xx. would have to be **xx. (or *xx.) to use some of the peering numbers.

Brian.

Brian A

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:30:10 +0000 (UTC), Brian <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 2005-10-27, Brian A <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 23:31:19 +0000 (UTC), Brian <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>it happens 82412345 is not in service, so there is a voice message
>informing you of that.

Just get silence on that number.

>Sorry I cannot help with the SPA 3000 a bit more but I think your
>conclusion is correct. What do you get with 903, 904 and 9123?

All those numbers work OK. I get the date/time, echo test works Ok and
I get my usernumber read back to me.
Stangely 905 (audio repeat after the beep) doesn't work but I assume
that as the echo test worked OK then it must be hearing me.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Brian A

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:33:41 +0000 (UTC), Brian <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 2005-10-26, Brian A <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:41:44 GMT, Brian A
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> To answer my own posting lest it be useful to others:
>> I couldn't get the gateway setting to work. Instead I set up the dial
>> plan to access voiptalk, by dialling #2, thus:
>>|<#02,:>xx.<:@voiptalk.org;usr="xxxxxxxx";pwd="x xxxxx";nat=yes>
>> where:
>> xxxxxxxx is my usernumber
>> xxxxxx is my passnumber
>> xx. means any number of 2 digits or more after #2 has selected the
>> operator.

>Three points to consider.
>
>Should you not be starting the dialing sequence with #02?

I do - that gives a second dialling tone. Then I dial my number.
It works fine with the voiptalk service numbers.

>What is the 'usr="xxxxxxxx";pwd="xxxxxx";nat=yes' intended to do? Is
>this in the SPA handbook? Have you tried leaving it out?

This is a recognised way of accessing a provider via the plan.
Yes it is in the user guide. Check out page 52.
>xx. would have to be **xx. (or *xx.) to use some of the peering numbers.

I thought that digits were digits and that there was no discrimination
as to what they were.

Notwithstanding that I don't get a connection on 0800s anyway.

Thanks for your comments anyway.

On 2005-10-27, Brian A <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:30:10 +0000 (UTC), Brian <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>>it happens 82412345 is not in service, so there is a voice message
>>informing you of that.

> Just get silence on that number.

Whereas I get a not in service message.

If you were to use http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) as one of your Speed Dial Settings and
still got silence it would even more puzzling and I really wouldn't know where
to go from there.

>>Sorry I cannot help with the SPA 3000 a bit more but I think your
>>conclusion is correct. What do you get with 903, 904 and 9123?

> All those numbers work OK. I get the date/time, echo test works Ok and
> I get my usernumber read back to me.
> Stangely 905 (audio repeat after the beep) doesn't work but I assume
> that as the echo test worked OK then it must be hearing me.

905 has only worked for me on the odd occasion, so nothing to worry
about.

Brian.

Brian

On 2005-10-27, Brian A <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:33:41 +0000 (UTC), Brian <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>>What is the 'usr="xxxxxxxx";pwd="xxxxxx";nat=yes' intended to do? Is
>>this in the SPA handbook? Have you tried leaving it out?

> This is a recognised way of accessing a provider via the plan.
> Yes it is in the user guide. Check out page 52.

It had slipped my mind that you are using a SPA 3000 and I was looking
at a SPA 2000 handbook. Thanks for the page reference.

>>xx. would have to be **xx. (or *xx.) to use some of the peering numbers.

> I thought that digits were digits and that there was no discrimination
> as to what they were.

I think the * is not a digit in this context.

Brian.