Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Asterisk Help.

Asterisk Help.

Thomas Rankin

I have a fairly dodgy Cable modem here, and if the internet connection
is down during a re-registration, asterisk will very quickly try
re-registering 5 or 6 times and then fail, and never try again.

Is there a way of getting asterisk to retry, then retry in a minute-or-so?

It would be silly if I need to out a sip reload in a cron job.

alexd

Thomas Rankin wrote:

> I have a fairly dodgy Cable modem here, and if the internet connection
> is down during a re-registration, asterisk will very quickly try
> re-registering 5 or 6 times and then fail, and never try again.
>
> Is there a way of getting asterisk to retry, then retry in a minute-or-so?
>
> It would be silly if I need to out a sip reload in a cron job.

You might want to look at the "registertimeout" and "registerattempts"
options in sip.conf, however these might be CVS-only options...not sure if
they've made it into the main releases. You could always download the
source for your version and grep for occurences of them in the source. Or
install the CVS version.

http://www.voip-forum.com/ that might be helpful

Also, have you double checked that any firewalls aren't interfering?

21:33:21 up 1 day, 7 min, 3 users, load average: 0.10, 0.22, 0.19
This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK

Thomas Rankin

alexd wrote:
> Thomas Rankin wrote:
>

>>I have a fairly dodgy Cable modem here, and if the internet connection
>>is down during a re-registration, asterisk will very quickly try
>>re-registering 5 or 6 times and then fail, and never try again.
>>
>>Is there a way of getting asterisk to retry, then retry in a minute-or-so?
>>
>>It would be silly if I need to out a sip reload in a cron job.

> You might want to look at the "registertimeout" and "registerattempts"
> options in sip.conf, however these might be CVS-only options...not sure if
> they've made it into the main releases. You could always download the
> source for your version and grep for occurences of them in the source. Or
> install the CVS version.

It's my home system, so I'm running the CVS version.

> http://www.voip-forum.com/ that might be helpful
>
> Also, have you double checked that any firewalls aren't interfering?

Sure, you can see what's happening in the logs.

VG248 with Asterisk Erdem Kucuk Cisco 2 04-30-2009 04:52 PM
Trying to send call to Asterisk Ramon F Herrera Cisco 0 07-03-2005 08:04 AM
RTC & Asterisk =?Utf-8?B?UHJlbQ==?= Microsoft Certification 0 12-23-2004 10:27 AM
DataGrid: jumping to the append row (asterisk) David Bird via .NET 247 ASP .Net 0 04-16-2004 02:07 PM
Error when add a new row using footer of datagrid that contain asterisk (') Robert M ASP .Net 3 12-10-2003 12:21 PM

Advertisments