Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Asterisk@home & Sipdiscount & one way ausio

Asterisk@home & Sipdiscount & one way ausio

Sparks

I have created a sipdiscount account and credited it with 5 Euros, however,
I am only getting one way audio (I can't hear people I call, but they hear
me)
I do hear about 0.25 of a second of audio when the phone is lifted, then
nothing...

I also have an accounts with Sipgate, VoIPCheap & FWD, all of these are
fine.

I am using the same trunk settings as Sipgate.

Here is my PEER details for sipdiscount.
allow=ulaw&alaw
authuser=USERNAME
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
dtmfmode=info
fromdomain=sipdiscount.com
fromuser=USERNAME
host=sip.sipdiscount.com
insecure=very
qualify=yes
secret=PASSWORD
type=peer
username=USERNAME

I have forwarded the following ports to my asterisk box
5030-5070 UDP
8000-8010 UDP
4560-4570 UDP

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Sparks...

Steve B

Hi there,

>I have created a sipdiscount account and credited it with 5 Euros, however,
>I am only getting one way audio (I can't hear people I call, but they hear
>me)
> I do hear about 0.25 of a second of audio when the phone is lifted, then
> nothing...
>
> I also have an accounts with Sipgate, VoIPCheap & FWD, all of these are
> fine.
>
> I am using the same trunk settings as Sipgate.

I can offer no solution but can tell you I have exactly the same issue as
you. However, I am using an ATA and not Asterisk. I wonder if everyone has
this issue?

Steve

Steve B

Hi there,

>I have created a sipdiscount account and credited it with 5 Euros, however,
>I am only getting one way audio (I can't hear people I call, but they hear
>me)
> I do hear about 0.25 of a second of audio when the phone is lifted, then
> nothing...
>
> I also have an accounts with Sipgate, VoIPCheap & FWD, all of these are
> fine.
>
> I am using the same trunk settings as Sipgate.

I can offer no solution but can tell you I have exactly the same issue as
you. However, I am using an ATA and not Asterisk. I wonder if everyone has
this issue?

Steve

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Steve B:
> Hi there,
>

>> I have created a sipdiscount account and credited it with 5 Euros,
>> however, I am only getting one way audio (I can't hear people I
>> call, but they hear me)
>> I do hear about 0.25 of a second of audio when the phone is lifted,
>> then nothing...
>>
>> I also have an accounts with Sipgate, VoIPCheap & FWD, all of these
>> are fine.
>>
>> I am using the same trunk settings as Sipgate.

> I can offer no solution but can tell you I have exactly the same
> issue as you. However, I am using an ATA and not Asterisk. I wonder
> if everyone has this issue?
>
> Steve

I have managed to get sipdiscount to work with my PAP2 ATA.

Proxy: sip.sipdiscount.com
Outbound Proxy: nat.voiptalk.org:5065
Use Outbound Proxy: Yes
Use OB Proxy In Dialog: Yes
User ID and Password: as expected.
Preferred Codec: G711
Use Pref Codec Only: Yes

Sipdiscount and Voipbuster accounts on Iaxcomm paul123 UK VOIP 4 11-06-2005 07:11 PM
Sipdiscount configuration for zoom x5v router paul123 UK VOIP 6 11-05-2005 02:42 PM
A different Asterisk & SipDiscount working Configuration (Thanks Sparks) Jono UK VOIP 12 11-04-2005 07:15 PM
sipdiscount users (5 euros) UK VOIP 2 10-14-2005 04:24 PM
sipdiscount J Smith UK VOIP 5 10-11-2005 01:50 AM

Advertisments