Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > looking for new router

looking for new router

H@rro

hi,

I'm currently looking around for a new router/switch to replace my current
Zyxel B200-v2 and a cheap ATA.

the specs the new router/switch should contain the following:
- WAN connection for my ADSL2+ modem (cannot switch that one here)
- WiFi (11 or 24Mbit is ok)
- 4 100Mbit LAN connections, full 100Mbit traffic *so no shared traffic*
- VoIP build in with 1 or 2 analog connectors
- an internal S0 port like the Fritz! WLAN Box would be fun but not
neccesary.

can anybody recommend me a suitable product?

thanks in advance!

//H

Ivor Jones

"H@rro" <.devslashnull@nospam..signitory.info> wrote in
message news:434c2f78$0$11077$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl
> hi,
>
> I'm currently looking around for a new router/switch to
> replace my current Zyxel B200-v2 and a cheap ATA.
>
> the specs the new router/switch should contain the
> following: - WAN connection for my ADSL2+ modem (cannot switch that
> one here) - WiFi (11 or 24Mbit is ok)
> - 4 100Mbit LAN connections, full 100Mbit traffic *so no
> shared traffic* - VoIP build in with 1 or 2 analog connectors
> - an internal S0 port like the Fritz! WLAN Box would be
> fun but not neccesary.
>
> can anybody recommend me a suitable product?
>
> thanks in advance!

You mentioned the AVM Fritz!Box, that would do everything you want except
the 4 LAN ports, but a 5 or 8 port switch would be a minimal extra cost.
It has a built in modem as well.

Ivor

Martin²

Zyxel 2602HWL will do all that you require, good, not cheap.
Draytek Vigor 2600VG does it all, except landline pass-trough, excellent,
reliable, not cheap, but you can pick one up on Ebay at half price right
now.
Regards,
Martin
(I have both above mentioned routers)

H@rro

"Martin²" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:434c6329$0$73624$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Zyxel 2602HWL will do all that you require, good, not cheap.
> Draytek Vigor 2600VG does it all, except landline pass-trough, excellent,
> reliable, not cheap, but you can pick one up on Ebay at half price right
> now.

have looked at the specs of both and on the draytek website I found the
Draytec Vigor 2900VG
because the 2600 has a build in ADSL modem, my provider in sweden doesn't
provide me
to switch that one. So I will go for the 2900VG ...

thanks for the advise!

//H@rro