Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > voipcheap / 1899 on linux

voipcheap / 1899 on linux

J Smith

1899 only has a VoIP client for Windows. Is there any way of getting
another SIP/VoIP client to work with 1899 under Linux? Can I put some
settings in another client?

J Smith wrote:

> 1899 only has a VoIP client for Windows. Is there any way of getting
> another SIP/VoIP client to work with 1899 under Linux? Can I put some
> settings in another client?

I believe many commercial softphones and projects like kphone already work
under GNU/Linux because a large part of it is standardized.
If it doesn't work with a particular VoIP
service provider, its usually down
to settings / or support from VoIP provider.
American VoIP service providers tend to be first time excellent
service providers, but UK are the back waters of POTS
management trying to still get their heads around new
technology and you won't find good support or support
web pages.

Brian

On 2005-10-07, J Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> 1899 only has a VoIP client for Windows. Is there any way of getting
> another SIP/VoIP client to work with 1899 under Linux? Can I put some
> settings in another client?

Voipcheap uses the IAX protocol so you will need to search for an IAX
client for Linux. To start you off: IAXComm and kiax.

Brian.

LJ

On 7 Oct 2005 15:31:18 -0700, J Smith wrote:

> 1899 only has a VoIP client for Windows. Is there any way of getting
> another SIP/VoIP client to work with 1899 under Linux? Can I put some
> settings in another client?

I sent Voipcheap a message from their website about a week ago asking a
similar question - no response so far!

Maybe someone with the Windows client installed can run 'netstat' from a
cmd prompt a few times and see what they're connected to...

LJ

davew

LJ wrote:

> Maybe someone with the Windows client installed can run 'netstat' from a
> cmd prompt a few times and see what they're connected to...
>
> LJ

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....0bd788c4d29ea6
or
http://tinyurl.com/cgd5g

Voipcheap.co.uk -> "Sorry - VoipCheap temporarily unavailable" News Reader UK VOIP 0 11-26-2006 07:27 AM
voipcheap.com and voipcheap.co.uk - comparison Paul UK VOIP 2 09-04-2006 12:58 PM
1899 problem, not heard at remote end Derrick Fawsitt VOIP 0 04-26-2005 10:58 AM
VoIP " 1899. com " HL VOIP 16 04-18-2005 07:55 AM
VOIP K Phone and configuration for 1899 calls Derrick Fawsitt VOIP 5 04-18-2005 07:24 AM

Advertisments