Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipgate - I can't add credit to my account!

Sipgate - I can't add credit to my account!

Peter X

Hi all,

First time I've tried to credit my Sipgate account, so _maybe_ I'm doing
something wrong. I bunged in my Visa Debit Card number (note: *not* a
credit card), the CVC number, etc. I left the "security code" box
empty.... because I couldn't find out what it was for!

I clicked next and it just said it couldn't credit my account and to
contact support for further information.

But I can't see how to contact support.

Not massively impressed right at the minute! (that said, I'm not
interesting in hearing from the sipgate-trolls either )

--
Cheers,

Peter.

google@bizz.co.uk

Just to the right of the security box on
https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user/kontoaufladen.php are the following
words:

"Before you can credit your account for the first time you'll have to
call the sipgate number 10200 from your sipgate account and enter the
provided security code".

HTH,
Stuart

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 18:05:37 +0100, Peter X <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>But I can't see how to contact support.

Email IS the only way to contact them and you could get an answer
straight away or you could have to wait a week bit dodgy this late on
in the week tomorrow is Friday and they will be jumping ship again
until Monday .

Peter X

> On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 18:05:37 +0100, Peter X <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>But I can't see how to contact support.

> Email IS the only way to contact them and you could get an answer
> straight away or you could have to wait a week bit dodgy this late on
> in the week tomorrow is Friday and they will be jumping ship again
> until Monday .

Yeah, I found where I could email them after -- the "contact/about us"
link. Although I've held off since I'd posted here!

Peter X

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Just to the right of the security box on
> https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user/kontoaufladen.php are the following
> words:
>
> "Before you can credit your account for the first time you'll have to
> call the sipgate number 10200 from your sipgate account and enter the
> provided security code".

Cheers!!
I must be blind not seeing that. And I've no excuse, because I do recall
reading something about needing to do that on this group a few weeks
back. [/me slaps self around the head]

Anyway, I did that, and promptly got an error!

"
Error!

An error has occurred. Please send an email to support with the error
code \"902\" and your Sip-ID \"XXXXXXX\" to Support.
"

(I've X'ed out my Sip-ID). So I've emailed support..... the last word in
the message, "Support", was meant to be a mailto: link, but it was broken!

So, without wishing to feed the trolls, Sipgate does appear to be a
little rough around the edges.

I'll post back on this thread whatever the results are when I get a
response. Most likely they'll just ask me to try it again.

--
Peter.

google@bizz.co.uk

Peter,

I thought I might try and replicate your problem. I called 10200 and
got a 4 digit number. Entered it and got "error". Called again, got
another 4 digit number and again error. Tried a third time with a third
number and it worked!

So Peter - you have cost me a tenner ... but persistance may bring
reward. I was using a proper CC. Debit cards are not quite as
international (remember we are dealing with deutchland) so that may be
a complicating factor.

Best wishes,
Stuart

Ivor Jones

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com
> Peter,
>
> I thought I might try and replicate your problem. I
> called 10200 and got a 4 digit number. Entered it and got
> "error". Called again, got another 4 digit number and
> again error. Tried a third time with a third number and
> it worked!
>
> So Peter - you have cost me a tenner ... but persistance
> may bring reward. I was using a proper CC. Debit cards
> are not quite as international (remember we are dealing
> with deutchland) so that may be a complicating factor.

It shouldn't be, I can't see any reason why a debit card shouldn't appear
to online systems exactly as a credit card does. I've never once had a
debit card refused on any online transaction, be it Sipgate or anyone
else. In fact I've *never* used my CC online.

Ivor

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 01:10:27 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com
>> Peter,
>>
>> I thought I might try and replicate your problem. I
>> called 10200 and got a 4 digit number. Entered it and got
>> "error". Called again, got another 4 digit number and
>> again error. Tried a third time with a third number and
>> it worked!
>>
>> So Peter - you have cost me a tenner ... but persistance
>> may bring reward. I was using a proper CC. Debit cards
>> are not quite as international (remember we are dealing
>> with deutchland) so that may be a complicating factor.

>It shouldn't be, I can't see any reason why a debit card shouldn't appear
>to online systems exactly as a credit card does. I've never once had a
>debit card refused on any online transaction, be it Sipgate or anyone
>else. In fact I've *never* used my CC online.
>
>Ivor

It took me four goes to get the Sipgate system to accept mine also I
have found out in the last couple of days some systems will not except
cards that are due to expire within three months Freetalk would not
except my Visa Delta it expiries December but accepted my Electron
expires June next year .

Phil Thompson

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It shouldn't be, I can't see any reason why a debit card shouldn't appear
>to online systems exactly as a credit card does.

because its a debit card, so it has less functionality (car rental
deposits come to mind) and is flagged up as a debit card. You'll see
separate entry boxes on most online forms for debit cards.

If its a Visa branded (delta) card then it'll probably be OK, but
does Switch or Maestro exist in Germany ?

Phil

No more cable clowns )

Ivor Jones

"Phil Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)
> On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 01:10:27 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > It shouldn't be, I can't see any reason why a debit
> > card shouldn't appear to online systems exactly as a
> > credit card does.

> because its a debit card, so it has less functionality
> (car rental deposits come to mind) and is flagged up as a
> debit card. You'll see separate entry boxes on most
> online forms for debit cards.

Not on any I've filled in (Amazon, Ebay, etc.)

> If its a Visa branded (delta) card then it'll probably be
> OK, but does Switch or Maestro exist in Germany ?

It should still be accepted. Only in the USA have I ever come across a
credit card being accepted but not a debit card, and that was only when
hiring a car.

Ivor