Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Fwd Dial Plan

Fwd Dial Plan

ras

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:40:19 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Yes Sipura ATAs (and probably others) allow dial plans where you can
>prefix 0044 and for local calls you can prefix the local area code as
>well. Eg for me in Bristol where local numbers begin with 3 or 9 you can
>add 0044117 to any number dialled beginning with 3 or 9.
>
>David

Where do you get the info on how to configure this dial plan - Can you
post a copy of yours Please? TIA!
-- ras

Brian A

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 09:36:59 +0100, ras <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:40:19 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>

>>Yes Sipura ATAs (and probably others) allow dial plans where you can
>>prefix 0044 and for local calls you can prefix the local area code as
>>well. Eg for me in Bristol where local numbers begin with 3 or 9 you can
>>add 0044117 to any number dialled beginning with 3 or 9.
>>
>>David

>Where do you get the info on how to configure this dial plan - Can you
>post a copy of yours Please? TIA!
>-- ras

<0:0044>[1-2]xx.<:@gw4>
This will prefix any number begining with a single zero to have the
zero replaced with 0044. Routing is to gateway 4.
This has to be followed by a 1 or a 2 and then followed by two of
more digits.

If you want to include the area code for local dialling use this
<:00441274>[2-9]xxxxx<:@gw4>
Here any number starting in the range 2 to 9 inclusive will be
prefixed by 00441274. Routing is to gateway 4.
1274 is the Bradford code.

For international dialling:
00xx.<:@gw4>
Here any number starting with 00 followed by two or more digits is
routed via gateway 4.

You can have a set of speed dials that route via the gateway of your
choice.
<#3,:00441535211111><:@gw4>
In this case dialling '#3' connects you to the (fake) Keighley(1535)
number 211111 via gateway 4.

If you want a 'warm line' do this:-
P4 <:080811111111>
Routing is to your main provider.
Here, if no number is dialled in the first 4 seconds of 'off hook'
the (fake) 0808 number is automatically dialled. This is handy if
voipbuster is not working and you want to be automatically routed
through another operator. Simply don't dial anything until you are
routed.

The seperate entries to your dial plan must be unique and be separated
by this OR symbol '|' . The who dial plan is then enclosed in
brackets.
eg. (rule1|rule2|rule3|rule4)

If anythig is in these brackets <> then this means a change is to be
effected. such as what is on the left being replaced by what is on the
right. Nothing on the left signals something in just the same way as
does a number but it has to be unique.
For example, from above, we have
e.g.1. <:00441274>[2-9]xxxxx<:@gw4>
and
e.g. 2 . P4 <:080811111111>
These two might appear similar in that both have nothing on the left
of the colon in the first bracket. However, e.g.1 has to have dialled
number beginning with 1 or 2 before it is actioned.
e.g. 2. won't happen for 4 seconds and will then override eg.1 because
the 0808 number is then dialled. Any numbers then dialled,
subsequently, are outside the dial plan.

I hope this helps. You can get general information from the
voxilla.com site and some info. from the Sipura pdfs on the sipura.com
site.
However, some information isn't well explained. I hope that, by the
examples above, the principles of construction have become clearer to
you and you will be able to achieve your aims.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Brian A

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 09:36:59 +0100, ras <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:40:19 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>

>>Yes Sipura ATAs (and probably others) allow dial plans where you can
>>prefix 0044 and for local calls you can prefix the local area code as
>>well. Eg for me in Bristol where local numbers begin with 3 or 9 you can
>>add 0044117 to any number dialled beginning with 3 or 9.
>>
>>David

>Where do you get the info on how to configure this dial plan - Can you
>post a copy of yours Please? TIA!
>-- ras

I made slight error in my last post...corrected here

[...]

by this OR symbol '|' . The whole dial plan is then enclosed in
brackets.
eg. (rule1|rule2|rule3|rule4)

If anything is in these brackets <> then this means a change is to be
effected. such as what is on the left being replaced by what is on the
right. Nothing on the left signals something in just the same way as
does a number but it has to be unique.
For example, from above, we have
e.g.1. <:00441274>[2-9]xxxxx<:@gw4>
and
e.g. 2 . P4 <:080811111111>
These two might appear similar in that both have nothing on the left
of the colon in the first bracket. However, e.g.1 has to have dialled
number, beginning with a digit in the range 2 to 9 inclusive, before
it is actioned.
e.g. 2. won't happen for 4 seconds and will then override eg.1 because
the 0808 number is then dialled. Any numbers then dialled,
subsequently, are outside the dial plan.

I hope this helps. You can get general information from the
voxilla.com site and some info. from the Sipura pdfs on the sipura.com
site.
However, some information isn't well explained. I hope that, by the
examples above, the principles of construction have become clearer to
you and you will be able to achieve your aims.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

ras

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 12:36:13 GMT, Brian A
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> [...]

>e.g.1. <:00441274>[2-9]xxxxx<:@gw4>
>and
>e.g. 2 . P4 <:080811111111>
>These two might appear similar in that both have nothing on the left
>of the colon in the first bracket. However, e.g.1 has to have dialled
>number, beginning with a digit in the range 2 to 9 inclusive, before
>it is actioned.
>e.g. 2. won't happen for 4 seconds and will then override eg.1 because
>the 0808 number is then dialled. Any numbers then dialled,
>subsequently, are outside the dial plan.
>

>I hope this helps. You can get general information from the
>voxilla.com site and some info. from the Sipura pdfs on the sipura.com
>site.
>However, some information isn't well explained. I hope that, by the
>examples above, the principles of construction have become clearer to
>you and you will be able to achieve your aims.

Thanks for your effort Brian I now have A Dial Plan and Speed Dial
Working on Linksys PAP2 for use on VOIP buster.
-- ras

Brian A

>Thanks for your effort Brian I now have A Dial Plan and Speed Dial
>Working on Linksys PAP2 for use on VOIP buster.
>-- ras

EXCELLENT!!
Pleased you got it working OK!

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.