Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Best headset

Best headset

GC

Hi there

I'm using VOIPFONE - Good service.

I'm looking for a decent, yet not too expensive headset/mic (USB)

Also a USB handheld phone.

Any suggestions.

Glen

Mathew Curtis

GC wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I'm using VOIPFONE - Good service.
>
> I'm looking for a decent, yet not too expensive headset/mic (USB)
>
> Also a USB handheld phone.
>
> Any suggestions.
>
> Glen

Hi glen i also use voipfone now but have also tried most of the other
providers too although the software / usb phones do work they are not
that great in my opinion i spent a fair bit of time and a few quid
messing around trying different ones but i eventually went for an ata
and a couple of smoms and have never looked back they work really well
no different to my old bt line

Mat

GC

Hi there Mat,

Thanks for your reply... Sounds a great setup.

I'd be interested in your setup....

Glen.

On 29 Sep 2005 03:10:27 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>GC wrote:
>> Hi there
>>
>> I'm using VOIPFONE - Good service.
>>
>> I'm looking for a decent, yet not too expensive headset/mic (USB)
>>
>> Also a USB handheld phone.
>>
>> Any suggestions.
>>
>> Glen

>Hi glen i also use voipfone now but have also tried most of the other
>providers too although the software / usb phones do work they are not
>that great in my opinion i spent a fair bit of time and a few quid
>messing around trying different ones but i eventually went for an ata
>and a couple of smoms and have never looked back they work really well
>no different to my old bt line
>
>Mat

Mathew Curtis

GC wrote:
> Hi there Mat,
>
> Thanks for your reply... Sounds a great setup.
>
> I'd be interested in your setup....
>
> Glen.
>
> On 29 Sep 2005 03:10:27 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >GC wrote:
> >> Hi there
> >>
> >> I'm using VOIPFONE - Good service.
> >>
> >> I'm looking for a decent, yet not too expensive headset/mic (USB)
> >>
> >> Also a USB handheld phone.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions.
> >>
> >> Glen

> >Hi glen i also use voipfone now but have also tried most of the other
> >providers too although the software / usb phones do work they are not
> >that great in my opinion i spent a fair bit of time and a few quid
> >messing around trying different ones but i eventually went for an ata
> >and a couple of smoms and have never looked back they work really well
> >no different to my old bt line
> >
> >Mat

my set up at home is a sipura 3000 with a bt dect phone with 4 hand
sets and a geographic telephone number and at the office we use
voipfone virtual pbx with one main geographic number 3 extension
numbers and 3 snom phones each with their with their own geographic
direct numbers

Mat

keymaster

"Mathew Curtis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> GC wrote:
>> Hi there Mat,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply... Sounds a great setup.
>>
>> I'd be interested in your setup....
>>
>> Glen.
>>
>> On 29 Sep 2005 03:10:27 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> >Hi glen i also use voipfone now but have also tried most of the other
>> >providers too although the software / usb phones do work they are not
>> >that great in my opinion i spent a fair bit of time and a few quid
>> >messing around trying different ones but i eventually went for an ata
>> >and a couple of smoms and have never looked back they work really well
>> >no different to my old bt line
>> >
>> >Mat

> my set up at home is a sipura 3000 with a bt dect phone with 4 hand
> sets and a geographic telephone number and at the office we use
> voipfone virtual pbx with one main geographic number 3 extension
> numbers and 3 snom phones each with their with their own geographic
> direct numbers
>
> Mat

Hi
I agree with Mat, I have been with voipfone for ages, tried others but
always came back. I also have a Snom 190 - expensive but you get what u pay
for. I had a grandstream 101 (looked andperformed like a kids toy), also
have an IP-Talk phone - cheap but not nearly as good as the Snom.
if you buy a hardware phone from Ebay or similar avoid non SIP and power
over ethernet phones and u should be safe. but USB fones on the whole are
for teenybobbers on skype..IMHO
cheers
Roy

GC wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I'm using VOIPFONE - Good service.
>
> I'm looking for a decent, yet not too expensive headset/mic (USB)
>
> Also a USB handheld phone.
>
> Any suggestions.
>
> Glen

Some of these poundland sets I have tried are the best
for voip! I know it costs a pound and you take a risk
for a pound, but these things are made in their millions
and they do actually work for a change!