Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voipbuster with X-Lite - Eureka!!

Voipbuster with X-Lite - Eureka!!

Chris

Problem:
Voipbuster works fine with Voipbuster application.
Tried to implement X-Lite. OK but no sound coming back from call recipient,
even though I was hearing the "zero cent" recording. Call recipient could
hear me.
Trawled through forums, newsgroups etc for answer - tried usual i.e. port
forwarding, DMZ, sip proxy setup, stun server. No fix.

Solution:
Typed ipconfig /all in command prompt.
Copied DNS Server IP addresses to "System Settings"," Network", DNS Server 1
& 2

Can anyone explain the theory (for a layman), please.

Hope this saves someone my hours of anguish.
Chris.

Phil Thompson

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:15:22 GMT, "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Solution:
>Typed ipconfig /all in command prompt.
>Copied DNS Server IP addresses to "System Settings"," Network", DNS Server 1
>& 2
>
>Can anyone explain the theory (for a layman), please.

where did you put the DNS addresses you culled from ipconfig ?

Phil

No more cable clowns )

Chris

X-Lite Main Menu, System Settings, Network, Primary DNS Server.
X-Lite Main Menu, System Settings, Network, Secondary DNS Server.

Chris

"Phil Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:15:22 GMT, "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Solution:
>>Typed ipconfig /all in command prompt.
>>Copied DNS Server IP addresses to "System Settings"," Network", DNS Server
>>1
>>& 2
>>
>>Can anyone explain the theory (for a layman), please.

> where did you put the DNS addresses you culled from ipconfig ?
>
> Phil
> --
>
> Usenet spam eaten by a Hamster http://www.tglsoft.de/
> No more cable clowns )
> Please do not feed or re-quote the trolls.

Web-based signup with VoIPBuster? Georg Schwarz VOIP 0 10-01-2005 11:21 AM
Voipbuster ? mmx2 VOIP 2 09-25-2005 04:40 PM
Voipbuster & sjphone mmx2 VOIP 2 08-26-2005 07:01 PM
Voipbuster mikesh VOIP 3 08-09-2005 11:10 PM
Voipbuster down? Malko VOIP 7 08-08-2005 06:01 AM

Advertisments