Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > freetalk from Dixons

freetalk from Dixons

Andrew

due to launch soon, worth keeping an eye on http://www.freetalk.co.uk/

Ad C

In article <Y3WZe.116058$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)rnet says...
> due to launch soon, worth keeping an eye on http://www.freetalk.co.uk/

You are slow, it been talked about on here for a few days now.
The problem with this service is once again it is an upfront fee, just
like vonage.

Brian A

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 19:12:15 +0100, Ad C <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <Y3WZe.116058$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>> due to launch soon, worth keeping an eye on http://www.freetalk.co.uk/
>>

>You are slow, it been talked about on here for a few days now.
>The problem with this service is once again it is an upfront fee, just
>like vonage.

Also, it looks like Plustalk will charge 3 less for more minutes.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Sean

Andrew wrote:
> due to launch soon, worth keeping an eye on http://www.freetalk.co.uk/

Nice 'Untitled Document'.

Pricefighter

But you can only use Plustalk if you are a Plustalk broadband
customer!!!!

Ad C

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, no_spam_bca1000
@hotmail.com says...

> Also, it looks like Plustalk will charge 3 less for more minutes.

The only problem there is that you got to have Plusnet as an ISP, also
is Plusnet VOIP a real VOIP or just a softphone?

My mate have just moved over to plusnet from BT yahoo, but he is having
a few problems with dropped connections.

Ad C

In article <dh9gps$bg9$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Andrew wrote:
> > due to launch soon, worth keeping an eye on http://www.freetalk.co.uk/

> Nice 'Untitled Document'.

This is certainly DSG, but it don't look for professional.

Brian A

On 26 Sep 2005 14:57:31 -0700, "Pricefighter" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>But you can only use Plustalk if you are a Plustalk broadband
>customer!!!!

Didn't know that! I've just moved from Force 9 (Plusnet).
I'm happy with my current arrangement anyway.
Why would PlusNet limit themselves to their own customers - or is this
just a trial with possible expansion later?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Ad C

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> But you can only use Plustalk if you are a Plustalk broadband
> customer!!!!

Or a plusnet customer even

Ad C

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, no_spam_bca1000
@hotmail.com says...
> On 26 Sep 2005 14:57:31 -0700, "Pricefighter" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >But you can only use Plustalk if you are a Plustalk broadband
> >customer!!!!

> Didn't know that! I've just moved from Force 9 (Plusnet).
> I'm happy with my current arrangement anyway.
> Why would PlusNet limit themselves to their own customers - or is this
> just a trial with possible expansion later?

Because it is a way to try and get more people to use Plusnet as their
ISP. the problems my mate have had in the two weeks he have been using
them, I think I will leave well alone.

The strange thing is, when he uses their USB modem everything works
fine, but when he uses his router, he gets disconnected about 4 or 5
times a day. Now we know the router is fine because he have been using
it with BT. If it keeps disconnecting, I will bring the router over here
and see if it works here.