Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VoipBuster.

VoipBuster.

OM

I've just come across VoipBuster.
Seems to be too good to be true!
Is it any good?
How and why can it be free??
What other alternatives are there?

Thanks.

OM

Sauron

Some calls are free not all, and dont assume that it will stay free for
ever.

brown@blueyonder.co.uk

On 21 Sep 2005 11:03:35 -0700, "OM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've just come across VoipBuster.
>Seems to be too good to be true!
>Is it any good?

Every bit has good has Voipfone and to certin extent Vonage
also drawback is I personally cannot get it to work on any other
ATA or softphone other than what Voipbuster supply .
>How and why can it be free??

It is and isn't for calls lasting longer than a minute they want one
euro from you which will last for ever if you only dial the free
numbers .

Brian A

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:23:03 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On 21 Sep 2005 11:03:35 -0700, "OM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I've just come across VoipBuster.
>>Seems to be too good to be true!
>>Is it any good?

>Every bit has good has Voipfone and to certin extent Vonage
>also drawback is I personally cannot get it to work on any other
>ATA or softphone other than what Voipbuster supply .
>>How and why can it be free??

Afaik voipbuster belongs to the same company as several other LCC
companies- landline and voip. Perhaps they are trying out different
models to see how customers respond. Further, they could be setting up
a customer base - what better than free phone calls to attract new
customers. 18866 used to charge 1p connection, then it went to 2p -
now it is 3p. It was/is a good deal so people are likely to stay with
them (or 1899) so the 1p initial connection charge has paid off.
>It is and isn't for calls lasting longer than a minute they want one
>euro from you which will last for ever if you only dial the free
>numbers .

You are out of date. It is 5 Euros (4.20) now.
It is possible to get it working with an ATA but it doesn't always
work - may be too busy to cope at times. When it does work it is
good!

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:26:00 GMT, Brian A
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You are out of date. It is 5 Euros (4.20) now.

I have only been with them about two weeks and I only paid 1 euro .

Brian A

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:30:31 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:26:00 GMT, Brian A
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>You are out of date. It is 5 Euros (4.20) now.

>I have only been with them about two weeks and I only paid 1 euro .

Well, logic would have it that it could still have happened in the
last 2 weeks!
Read this!
http://www.voipbuster.com/en/buycredits.html
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 23:04:37 GMT, Brian A
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:30:31 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:26:00 GMT, Brian A
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>You are out of date. It is 5 Euros (4.20) now.

>>I have only been with them about two weeks and I only paid 1 euro .

>Well, logic would have it that it could still have happened in the
>last 2 weeks!
>Read this!
>http://www.voipbuster.com/en/buycredits.html
>Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Now then Brian I was only stating what I paid and there was talk of
them charging 5 euros before I signed up could be a slip on their part
the 18866 crowd are a bit lackadaisical in some respects .

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh OM:
> I've just come across VoipBuster.
> Seems to be too good to be true!
> Is it any good?
> How and why can it be free??
> What other alternatives are there?
>
> Thanks.
>

> OM

Been with them about 6 months now, very good service.