Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Hackers target net call systems

Hackers target net call systems

Ad C

It seems we may be safer staying with land lines after all

Stickems.

Stuff and nonsense.

"Ad C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) k...

| It seems we may be safer staying with land lines after all
|

| http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4259554.stm

SalehJambo

"Stickems." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:432fed09$0$72031$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net...
> Stuff and nonsense.

I agree wholeheartedly with stickems im afraid.

Stickems.

No need to be afraid.

"SalehJambo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u7SXe.29287$(E-Mail Removed)...

| "Stickems." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:432fed09$0$72031$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net...
| > Stuff and nonsense.
|

| I agree wholeheartedly with stickems im afraid.

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:59:50 +0100, "Stickems."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Stuff and nonsense.
>

>"Ad C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>|
>| It seems we may be safer staying with land lines after all
>|

>| http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4259554.stm

More nonsence than stuff .

Ian

"Stickems." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:432fed09$0$72031$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net...
> Stuff and nonsense.
>

> "Ad C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) k...
> |
> | It seems we may be safer staying with land lines after all
> |

> | http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4259554.stm

Not sure about the sticking with landlines. But yes bot herds are attacking
voip servers. Mine where attacked last week on many occasions from servers
from US, UK, korea and Italy, all of them had been compromised and where
attacking ssh access. Im glad that mine hel up, but lets hope all those A@H
users changed their passwords as that was the first one of the hundreds
tried. ssh access is now blocked.

Ian

Thomas Rankin

Ian wrote:
> "Stickems." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:432fed09$0$72031$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net...
>
>>Stuff and nonsense.
>>
>>"Ad C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
>>|
>>| It seems we may be safer staying with land lines after all
>>|
>>| http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4259554.stm
>>

> Not sure about the sticking with landlines. But yes bot herds are attacking
> voip servers. Mine where attacked last week on many occasions from servers
> from US, UK, korea and Italy, all of them had been compromised and where
> attacking ssh access. Im glad that mine hel up, but lets hope all those A@H
> users changed their passwords as that was the first one of the hundreds
> tried. ssh access is now blocked.
>
> Ian

Just about every machine on the internet with port 22 open seems to be
subject to ssh attacks lately.

Dave Staniforth

In message <4BXXe.10144$(E-Mail Removed)>, Thomas Rankin
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Ian wrote:
>> "Stickems." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:432fed09$0$72031$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net...
>>
>>>Stuff and nonsense.
>>>
>>>"Ad C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) o.uk...

>> Not sure about the sticking with landlines. But yes bot herds are
>>attacking
>> voip servers. Mine where attacked last week on many occasions from servers
>> from US, UK, korea and Italy, all of them had been compromised and where
>> attacking ssh access. Im glad that mine hel up, but lets hope all those A@H
>> users changed their passwords as that was the first one of the hundreds
>> tried. ssh access is now blocked.
>> Ian
>>

>Just about every machine on the internet with port 22 open seems to be
>subject to ssh attacks lately.

The answer is to change the default port 22 to something else in the
config file /etc/ssh/sshd_config also change protocol to 2
then restart the service :-
service sshd restart

--
Dave