Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > FAO IVOR JONES RE : VONAGE

FAO IVOR JONES RE : VONAGE

Paul Cupis

SalehJambo wrote:

> <plonk> another plusnet customer who wont have a n account much longer
>
> <plonk>

You don't know what "<plonk>", when related to usenet, means, do you?

Mathew Curtis

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:58:34 GMT, "BigDaddy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Well eyevor i hate to say this , i really do but all my vonage lines have
> >gone down in the last 10 minutes , nothing,no syncing, nothing, i have been
> >on hold to the 0800 number but no answer as yet, i will keep you updated as
> >to teh progress.
> >
> >i can honestly say though this is teh first time this has happened so far so
> >we shall see what transpires.
> >

> It happened to me twice yesterday the guy at Vonage I spoke with after
> the second time told me that he had moved our account over onto
> another server has we spoke.
> Me thinks the problem is arising due to a very large take up in the UK
> of vonage services and their equipment is starting to crack under the
> strain we shall see all ok today so far .

It happens to the best of them dex its not a matter of if but when like
i have said in previous posts we have to remember this is internet
telephony and its not "flawless" as some people like to think there is
not a voip company anywhere in the world that can offer a flawless
service its not possible and any one who believes it is needs a check
up from the neck up

what makes the difference is when companies like voipfone and vonage
are able to fix the problem quickly and restore service unlike other
companies that seem to suffer the same ongoing problems week after
week.

BTW how is callback working for you now dex?

Mat

Alhaji Saleh Jambo

"SalehJambo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XWCXe.18304$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "XXXX???" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> <plonk> another plusnet customer who wont have a n account much longer
>
> <plonk>

Neither will you sir if you continue to use MY NAME AND ID

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On 19 Sep 2005 17:56:34 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It happens to the best of them dex its not a matter of if but when like
>i have said in previous posts we have to remember this is internet
>telephony and its not "flawless" as some people like to think there is
>not a voip company anywhere in the world that can offer a flawless
>service its not possible and any one who believes it is needs a check
>up from the neck up

Since Sunday night when the Vonage tech guy told me had swapped the
account over onto their FTP server from some other server we have had
no problems at all and Sunday was the only time that we have had
problems and it only happened twice on Sunday anyway .
>what makes the difference is when companies like voipfone and vonage
>are able to fix the problem quickly and restore service

In view of what you are saying here Mat it is probable that Vonage and
voipfone do go down more often but they are on to it so quickly that
it doesn't even get noticed on our side of the fence .
> unlike other companies that seem to suffer the same ongoing problems week after
>week.

Not mentioning any names of course )))))))))))))))))))))))))).
>BTW how is callback working for you now dex?

More or less perfect just the odd glitch now and again these days .

Paul Cupis

> Since Sunday night when the Vonage tech guy told me had swapped the
> account over onto their FTP server from some other server we have had

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> no problems at all

Nobody else finds this bizarre?

Thomas Rankin

Paul Cupis wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>Since Sunday night when the Vonage tech guy told me had swapped the
>>account over onto their FTP server from some other server we have had

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>no problems at all

> Nobody else finds this bizarre?

I just assumed that the tech guy that he spoke to was either fobbing him
off or reading from a flow chart.

Ivor Jones

"Thomas Rankin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:fCXXe.10145$(E-Mail Removed)
> Paul Cupis wrote:
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >
> > > Since Sunday night when the Vonage tech guy told me
> > > had swapped the account over onto their FTP server
> > > from some other server we have had

> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > no problems at all

> > Nobody else finds this bizarre?

> I just assumed that the tech guy that he spoke to was
> either fobbing him off or reading from a flow chart.

I just assumed it was Dex talking from his rear orifice again but I didn't
want to say so

(Oh drat, now I've done it..!)

Ivor

brown@blueyonder.co.uk

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:33:13 +0100, "Alhaji Saleh Jambo"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"SalehJambo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:XWCXe.18304$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "XXXX???" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> <plonk> another plusnet customer who wont have a n account much longer
>>
>> <plonk>

>Neither will you sir if you continue to use MY NAME AND ID

>Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
>More than 140,000 groups
>Unlimited download
>http://www.usenetzone.com to open account

Hello nice to see you back .

How good is Ivor Hortan's book(Beginning Java 2) for Java ? hthukral.mickey@gmail.com Java 1 02-21-2007 05:33 PM
Ping Ivor... ▀°dincÁs▓░░░ UK VOIP 4 05-24-2006 07:46 PM
Ping Ivor... ▀°dincÁs▓║║║ UK VOIP 8 04-07-2006 08:58 AM
O/T Pinging Ivor Jones crystalpoweruk@gmail.com UK VOIP 8 10-22-2005 11:02 PM
fao ivor UK VOIP 31 08-17-2005 01:23 PM

Advertisments