Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > SPA-3000 - Dial Tone

SPA-3000 - Dial Tone

Stephane M

Hello

1) My SPA-3000 dial tone is about 3s when you pick up the phone, then stop
!!!
Do you know how to increase this time ? I cannot find any parameter for that
(if you are too late, your can hang up and pick up again...)

Stephane

Ivor Jones

"Stephane M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dgknom$5d7$1$(E-Mail Removed)
> Hello
>
> 1) My SPA-3000 dial tone is about 3s when you pick up the
> phone, then stop !!!
> Do you know how to increase this time ? I cannot find any
> parameter for that (if you are too late, your can hang up
> and pick up again...)
> Stephane

The dial tone on my Sipura SPA-2000 is set in the "Regional" tab on the
advanced setup menu, I would assume that the 3000 has a similar setup..?

On the 2000 the entry for dial tone is as follows:
350@-19,440@-19;10(*/0/1+2) - what does yours say..?

Ivor

Ian

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Stephane M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dgknom$5d7$1$(E-Mail Removed)
> > Hello
> >
> > 1) My SPA-3000 dial tone is about 3s when you pick up the
> > phone, then stop !!!
> > Do you know how to increase this time ? I cannot find any
> > parameter for that (if you are too late, your can hang up
> > and pick up again...)
> > Stephane

> The dial tone on my Sipura SPA-2000 is set in the "Regional" tab on the
> advanced setup menu, I would assume that the 3000 has a similar setup..?
>
> On the 2000 the entry for dial tone is as follows:
> 350@-19,440@-19;10(*/0/1+2) - what does yours say..?

Thats the tones used to make the dial tone.

Stephanes problem seems to be that the short interdigit timer or the like is
coming into effect. as that seems to be the only timer of about three
seconds but why. If dialtone was just timing out then you would hear reorder
tone.

Stephane what does your dial plan look like ? I think the problem may lay
there.

Ian

Brian

On 2005-09-18, Stephane M <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello
>
> 1) My SPA-3000 dial tone is about 3s when you pick up the phone, then stop
> !!!
> Do you know how to increase this time ? I cannot find any parameter for that
> (if you are too late, your can hang up and pick up again...)

Locate the Dial Tone: parameter. Mine says 350@-19,440@-19;10(*/0/1+2).
Change the '10' to whatever suits you.

Brian.

Stephane M

news:dgksag$efo$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2005-09-18, Stephane M <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> 1) My SPA-3000 dial tone is about 3s when you pick up the phone, then
>> stop
>> !!!
>> Do you know how to increase this time ? I cannot find any parameter for
>> that
>> (if you are too late, your can hang up and pick up again...)

> Locate the Dial Tone: parameter. Mine says 350@-19,440@-19;10(*/0/1+2).
> Change the '10' to whatever suits you.
>
> Brian.

My dial tone is the same as yours. I just changed the "10" by "200" :
350@-19,440@-19;200(*/0/1+2)
But seems to change nothing.

BTW, how do you read this line ? What does it mean exactly ?

I am not sure that this is linked to my dial plan...
My dial plan is :
(<#90,:>x.<:@gw0>|<#91,:>x.<:@gw1>|<#92,:>x.<:@gw2 >|<0:0044>[12]xxxxxxxxxS0<:@gw1>|<:141>0[78]xxxxxxxxx<:@gw0>|0033[1-5]xxxxxxxx<:@gw1>|0049xxxxxxxx<:@gw1>|999<:@gw0>|x.)

Brian

On 2005-09-19, Stephane M <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dgksag$efo$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Locate the Dial Tone: parameter. Mine says 350@-19,440@-19;10(*/0/1+2).
>> Change the '10' to whatever suits you.

> My dial tone is the same as yours. I just changed the "10" by "200" :
> 350@-19,440@-19;200(*/0/1+2)
> But seems to change nothing.

What precisely are your before and after observations? Initially you
should get ten seconds of dial tone and afterwards two hundred seconds.
That is how it works here. You have used 'Submit All Changes'?

> BTW, how do you read this line ? What does it mean exactly ?

At this time of the morning and having had only three cups of tea, I
don't read it very accurately! More seriously, I don't have the manual
to hand and don't use a SPA-3000. But someone else is likely to be
along later to interpret it.

> I am not sure that this is linked to my dial plan...
> My dial plan is :
> (<#90,:>x.<:@gw0>|<#91,:>x.<:@gw1>|<#92,:>x. ..... [Line truncated]

You could determine if there is any interaction between the dial tone
setting and the dial plan by deleting the dial plan after making a copy
of it.

Brian.

Sparks

"Stephane M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dgknom$5d7$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> 1) My SPA-3000 dial tone is about 3s when you pick up the phone, then stop
> !!!
> Do you know how to increase this time ? I cannot find any parameter for
> that
> (if you are too late, your can hang up and pick up again...)
>
> Stephane

It is either the Interdigit Long Timer:
or the Interdigit Short Timer: in the Regional page.

Both mine are set to 10

Sparks...

Brian

On 2005-09-19, Sparks <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It is either the Interdigit Long Timer:
> or the Interdigit Short Timer: in the Regional page.

Both these settings relate to the maximum time allowed between dialed
digits. How can they affect the length of the dial tone which you get
before any number is input?

Brian.

Sparks

news:dgm7nc$b7l$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2005-09-19, Sparks <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> It is either the Interdigit Long Timer:
>> or the Interdigit Short Timer: in the Regional page.

> Both these settings relate to the maximum time allowed between dialed
> digits. How can they affect the length of the dial tone which you get
> before any number is input?
>
> Brian.

....because this is also the the timeout between picking up the phone and
dialing the fist number

Sparks...

Sparks

> ...because this is also the the timeout between picking up the phone and
> dialing the fist number

After having a play with mine, it seems to be the Interdigit Short Timer:
that is the one you need to change, not the Interdigit Long Timer:

Sparks...

No dial tone Continental Translations Computer Support 3 06-26-2004 07:58 PM
Cisco 2600 E1 ISDN PRI Voice Problem . Dial tone does not stop after DTMF Reza Cisco 0 04-22-2004 07:16 AM
dial tone not heard by modem Ken Computer Support 3 12-04-2003 08:33 PM
No dial tone? °Mike° Computer Support 26 11-26-2003 07:55 PM
No Dial Tone Foglerman Computer Support 5 10-04-2003 03:06 PM

Advertisments