Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > SPA-3000 - Dial Tone

SPA-3000 - Dial Tone

Brian

On 2005-09-19, Sparks <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dgm7nc$b7l$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Both these settings relate to the maximum time allowed between dialed
>> digits. How can they affect the length of the dial tone which you get
>> before any number is input?
>>
>> Brian.

> ...because this is also the the timeout between picking up the phone and
> dialing the fist number

This can be found in a FAQ on Sipura's website:

'Interdigit Short Timer specifies the default maximum time (in seconds)
allowed between dialed digits, when at least one candidate digit
sequence is complete as dialed.'

The emphasis is on time between digits rather than the time between
picking up the phone and dialing the first digit.

My settings are:

Interdigit Long Timer: 10
Interdigit Short Timer: 3
Dial Tone: 350@-19,440@-19;20(*/0/1+2)

Interdigit Short Timer behaves as described. If the number dialed
matches a sequence in the dial plan it is dialed 3 seconds after keying
in the last digit.

In the Dial Tone string 20 is the length of the cadence, the bit in
brackets, in seconds. So twenty seconds after picking up the phone, and
before any dialing, the dial tone ceases. This also behaves as
expected.

I think you are saying that altering Interdigit Short Timer alters the
time for which the dial tone lasts. This doesn't happen for me. So is
there something else involved which must be done to get this behaviour?

Brian.

Stephane M

"Sparks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:432eac29$0$38044$(E-Mail Removed).. .

>> ...because this is also the the timeout between picking up the phone and
>> dialing the fist number

> After having a play with mine, it seems to be the Interdigit Short Timer:
> that is the one you need to change, not the Interdigit Long Timer:
>
> Sparks...

Thanks to all of you guys....
Works fine, thanks again....

Ivor Jones

"Stephane M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dgptc0$nd$1$(E-Mail Removed)
> "Sparks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:432eac29$0$38044$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >

> > > ...because this is also the the timeout between
> > > picking up the phone and dialing the fist number

> > After having a play with mine, it seems to be the
> > Interdigit Short Timer: that is the one you need to
> > change, not the Interdigit Long Timer: Sparks...
> >

> Thanks to all of you guys....
> Works fine, thanks again....

See, this group *can* be useful, unlike the trolls

Ivor

No dial tone Continental Translations Computer Support 3 06-26-2004 07:58 PM
Cisco 2600 E1 ISDN PRI Voice Problem . Dial tone does not stop after DTMF Reza Cisco 0 04-22-2004 07:16 AM
dial tone not heard by modem Ken Computer Support 3 12-04-2003 08:33 PM
No dial tone? °Mike° Computer Support 26 11-26-2003 07:55 PM
No Dial Tone Foglerman Computer Support 5 10-04-2003 03:06 PM

Advertisments