Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipgate OK today?

Sipgate OK today?

Saleh Jambo

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'll be interested to find out what the exact problem was.

you know already what the issue is dont you , youre just covering your
tracks and trying to put people off when they really know the truth about
you eyevor jones.

Love Claire

Ian

"Thomas Rankin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newscAXe.13832$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ivor Jones wrote:
> > "Thomas Rankin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > message news:yrzXe.27977$(E-Mail Removed)

> >>No, your ATA does.

> > True, but only for SIP to SIP calls. Calling a BT line for example will
> > result in the ringing, engaged or whatever tone being passed through

from
> > BT.

Engaged tone on a outgoing call will be due to a possibly 600 message being
recived by your ata. the reason for the call failing could be deduced from
the sip messages. or making an call to the number from an ISDN phone and
looking at the trace from that call.

> Frequently the first ring tone is generated by the server you are
> connected to, which is why a failed connection can produce one ring tone
> and then an error tone.
> >
> >>Their SIP servers were giving authentication errors, It
> >>was a fault with their system.

I disabled my peer to Sipgate on Sunday morning due to the connection being
up and down like a w***** draws.

> > Hmm, so why were only outgoing PSTN calls affected..? SIP to SIP and
> > incoming PSTN were fine.
> >

> I don't know, but I've got server logs you can look at (which were
> giving authentication errors when calling land lines but not when they
> were to sipgate numbers), maybe sipgate have a different authentication
> process for internal calls.

I would guess that the connection between sipgate and the Interconnect went
down.
Ie: Sipgates SER to the gateways AS5400 or whatever is being used.

> Maybe it wasn't sipgate at fault but someone further up the chain.

They still should be monitoring their interconnects. Other suppliers
possibly using the same gateway didnt have problems.

Ian

SalehJambo

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
..
> Can we not get away from Sipgate for ever it is a very depressing
> subject and let them that love aggravation and poor service stay with
> them .

but ivor keeps this one going with his clear link to sipgate, why doesnt he
just admit it, i admit my connectiosn to various cmpanies god knows why he
doesnt, perhaps he likes to create an air of mystery.

brown@blueyonder.co.uk

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:52:04 +0100, "Ian" <spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk>
wrote:

>They still should be monitoring their interconnects. Other suppliers
>possibly using the same gateway didnt have problems.

How can they be monitoring their interconnects when they are in the
pub boozing has some here suggest and Sipgate performance seems to
back up this theory .
Can we not get away from Sipgate for ever it is a very depressing
subject and let them that love aggravation and poor service stay with
them .

2 Sipgate numbers behind one router..? Ivor Jones VOIP 54 02-04-2005 01:20 PM
Sipgate down..? Ivor Jones VOIP 0 01-30-2005 11:48 PM
Router Recommendation for Sipgate and Sipura-2000? John Geddes VOIP 3 01-19-2005 06:30 AM
Sipgate Grandstream HandyTone-286 + Arcor DSL 1 Mbit Jan VOIP 6 06-25-2004 01:22 PM

Advertisments