Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voipcheap volume

Voipcheap volume

John

I've just started to use Voipcheap with a USB headset. It works fine but as
soon as I dial out, it turns up the volume under Voice Playback in Control
Panel which makes it uncomfortably loud. As soon as I disconnect it turns
the volume down again! There are some audio controls on the headset but they
don't seem to have any effect. It's a bit annoying having to manually adjust
it in control panel everytime I make a call. I'm using Windows XP SP2 if
that's of any relevance.

Does anybody else have this difficulty and is it likely to be a problem with
the software or my cheapo headset?

Thanks

John

John wrote:

> I've just started to use Voipcheap with a USB headset. It works fine but
> as soon as I dial out, it turns up the volume under Voice Playback in
> Control Panel which makes it uncomfortably loud. As soon as I disconnect
> it turns the volume down again! There are some audio controls on the
> headset but they don't seem to have any effect. It's a bit annoying having
> to manually adjust it in control panel everytime I make a call. I'm using
> Windows XP SP2 if that's of any relevance.
>
> Does anybody else have this difficulty and is it likely to be a problem
> with the software or my cheapo headset?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

Get a good quality headset with volume control
- they are 2 or 3 pounds in maplins / ebay.
Poundland has them for a pound if in stock.

John

> Get a good quality headset with volume control
> - they are 2 or 3 pounds in maplins / ebay.
> Poundland has them for a pound if in stock.

Thanks for the reply. The headphones do have a volume control but it just
seems to be overidden when I click to connect with the voipcheap software.
Which points to it being a problem with the software I guess?

John