Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > porting no from Business Highway to Voip provider

porting no from Business Highway to Voip provider

John Owens

Hi

I have Business Highway and a few msn numbers. I would like to replace BH
with a single POTS line plus a few voip nos.
Will it be possible for me to get BT to port a number onto a voip provider ?

Thanks in advance
John
--
John Owens
www.goodviews.co.uk

Paul Cupis

John Owens wrote:
> I have Business Highway and a few msn numbers. I would like to replace BH
> with a single POTS line plus a few voip nos.
> Will it be possible for me to get BT to port a number onto a voip provider ?

It works the other way around - you'll have to find a VoIP provider
(willing) to port the numbers from BT.

Peter Gradwell

John Owens wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have Business Highway and a few msn numbers. I would like to replace BH
> with a single POTS line plus a few voip nos.
> Will it be possible for me to get BT to port a number onto a voip provider ?

It depends on the area code you're in.

We can port numbers from 020 and a couple of others. but it is hard work!

cheers
peter

John Owens

Hi Peter

I'm in 01509.
I have some 'local network' problems to resolve as well, which you and team
had been helping me to resolve. My question was in anticipation of sorting
those problems, or just abandoning the local community network and signing
up for an adsl service that isn't blocking VOIP.

John

--
John Owens
www.goodviews.co.uk

"Peter Gradwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:432828dc$0$38045$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> John Owens wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have Business Highway and a few msn numbers. I would like to replace

BH
> > with a single POTS line plus a few voip nos.
> > Will it be possible for me to get BT to port a number onto a voip

provider ?

> It depends on the area code you're in.
>
> We can port numbers from 020 and a couple of others. but it is hard work!
>
> cheers
> peter
>
> --
> peter gradwell. gradwell dot com Ltd. http://www.gradwell.com/
> -- engineering & hosting services for email, web and voip --
> -- http://www.peter.me.uk/ -- http://www.voip.org.uk/ --

PhilT

<My question was in anticipation of sorting
those problems, or just abandoning the local community network and
signing
up for an adsl service that isn't blocking VOIP. >

you didn't get that resolved then ?

FWIW we plugged all manner of VoIP stuff into the swbb.net mesh network
and it Just Worked

Phil

John Owens

"PhilT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
<My question was in anticipation of sorting
those problems, or just abandoning the local community network and
signing
up for an adsl service that isn't blocking VOIP. >

you didn't get that resolved then ?

FWIW we plugged all manner of VoIP stuff into the swbb.net mesh network
and it Just Worked T

Phil

Hi Phil

I did talk to Tom but it needed some work on our network (beyond my powers
!). None of our tech team have had time to do the work or even talk to Tom.
John
--
John Owens
www.goodviews.co.uk