Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipgate 1000

Reply
Thread Tools

Sipgate 1000

 
 
Jono
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2005


PhilÅ wrote:
|| "Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|| news4JUe.106363$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
|||
|||
||| http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
||||| On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:43:57 GMT, "PhilÅ" <(E-Mail Removed)>
||||| wrote:
|||||
|||||
|||||| One is on a In Contact tarrif, well hidden within BT. Cost £3
|||||| PCM. Incomming calls only, no 1471 or any features.
||||| If it is well hidden how did you find it ? I would like to know
||||| more about this .
|||
||| I thought he meant the fact he had the line was well hidden - BT's
||| In Contact service prohibits any other phone lines to the house,
||| including mobiles.
|||
||
|| I moved into a house three years ago which was flats, converted, but
|| BT still has it down as flat 1 flat 2 etc...
||
|| You are right, I am not supposed to have the service as I already
|| have a other line available.
||
|| Also have a mobile.
||
|| Have had my incontact line for 6 years now.

You'll not be the only one. Customer Services could (might still be able to)
create sub-properties very easily, so long as the main address didn't owe
any money.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ivor Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2005


<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)
> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 22:13:25 GMT, "SK"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > sipgate are rubbish
> >

> Please tell us something that we don't know .


Ok, here is something you don't know - you are wasting your time on here.
Nobody is taking you or Stefan seriously any more.

You obviously *don't* know this, as you are still here.

Ivor


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jono
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2005


PhilÅ wrote:
|| "Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|| news4JUe.106363$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
|||
|||
||| (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
||||| On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:43:57 GMT, "PhilÅ" <(E-Mail Removed)>
||||| wrote:
|||||
|||||
|||||| One is on a In Contact tarrif, well hidden within BT. Cost £3
|||||| PCM. Incomming calls only, no 1471 or any features.
||||| If it is well hidden how did you find it ? I would like to know
||||| more about this .
|||
||| I thought he meant the fact he had the line was well hidden - BT's
||| In Contact service prohibits any other phone lines to the house,
||| including mobiles.
|||
||
|| I moved into a house three years ago which was flats, converted, but
|| BT still has it down as flat 1 flat 2 etc...
||
|| You are right, I am not supposed to have the service as I already
|| have a other line available.
||
|| Also have a mobile.
||
|| Have had my incontact line for 6 years now.

Interestingly, Ofcom's exclusions differ from my recollection:

How do they decide who is eligible for these schemes?

17. LUS is available to BT customers whose quarterly call bill is less than
£10.58. BT contacts customers who might be eligible.
InContact and Kingston's schemes are available to all customers on
application. Customers who use Indirect Access or Carrier Pre-Selection or
who make regular use of mobiles are not eligible for these schemes.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/media/mofaq/...sofaq/?a=87101


 
Reply With Quote
 
SK
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2005
and peopl take a bus driver seriously, eyevor dont think for one minute
people , a lot of them, they all know your connections with sipgate and many
people have said so, your bus driver story is merely a cover.

PS Why dont you accept calls from withheld numbers, are you mad or
something lovey, i bet you dont get many calls huh ?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2005
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 22:44:29 GMT, "Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:


>application. Customers who use Indirect Access or Carrier Pre-Selection or
>who make regular use of mobiles are not eligible for these schemes.
>
>http://www.ofcom.org.uk/media/mofaq/...sofaq/?a=87101
>

No mention about people who have an adsl connection on the line not
being eligible .
 
Reply With Quote
 
Stefan Kaniuk is a pillock
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-11-2005
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 22:13:25 GMT, Stefan Kaniuk said:

>sipgate are rubbish


pillock
_________________________________________
Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download
http://www.usenetzone.com to open account
 
Reply With Quote
 
Paul Westwell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-11-2005

"PhilÅ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newssIUe.1852$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>
>> The 1000 option is really only of value if you can guarantee to make
>> enough calls for it to be worthwhile, otherwise it's better to stay on
>> the normal PAYG tariff.


How did you get this and does it still exist within the BT tariffs?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jono
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-11-2005

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 22:44:29 GMT, "Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>
>>application. Customers who use Indirect Access or Carrier Pre-Selection or
>>who make regular use of mobiles are not eligible for these schemes.
>>
>>http://www.ofcom.org.uk/media/mofaq/...sofaq/?a=87101
>>

> No mention about people who have an adsl connection on the line not
> being eligible .


Have a look at the link the OP gave you to BT's site. There are many, many
more exclusions, ADSL being one of them.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-11-2005
On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 10:53:19 GMT, "Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 22:44:29 GMT, "Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>application. Customers who use Indirect Access or Carrier Pre-Selection or
>>>who make regular use of mobiles are not eligible for these schemes.
>>>
>>>http://www.ofcom.org.uk/media/mofaq/...sofaq/?a=87101
>>>

>> No mention about people who have an adsl connection on the line not
>> being eligible .

>
>Have a look at the link the OP gave you to BT's site. There are many, many
>more exclusions, ADSL being one of them.
>

I didn't see it but it doesn't surprise me I didn't think BT would let
a semi captive customer base get away with cheaper line rental if they
only wanted adsl it isn't in BT's nature to give anything away just
the opposite in fact .
 
Reply With Quote
 
Paul Cupis
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-11-2005
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> it isn't in BT's nature to give anything away just
> the opposite in fact .


And I'm sure that that is just how their shareholders like it. They are
a business, not a charity.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Optimizing the expression (x * 1000 / 1000) pozz C Programming 27 03-04-2011 04:46 AM
Sipgate: dialing another sipgate number Stuart Millington UK VOIP 8 06-14-2005 05:25 PM
Configuration Spartan3 1000 bittor VHDL 1 01-03-2005 05:04 PM
1000 Series DC plug Schmuck Cisco 0 11-26-2003 08:33 PM
1000 BASE TX ?? inge network Cisco 9 11-16-2003 01:11 PM



Advertisments