Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipgate 1000

Sipgate 1000

Ivor Jones

"PhilÅ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newssIUe.1852$(E-Mail Removed)

> Hi Ivor
>
> I currently have 2 incomming BT lines.
>
> One is on a In Contact tarrif, well hidden within BT.
> Cost £3 PCM. Incomming calls only, no 1471 or any
> features. I would keep this as this is what people call me on.

I use mine for a fax number as FoIP (Fax over IP) is still rather
problematic and Sipgate doesn't yet support the T38 protocol. But
certainly if you have 2 lines get rid of one of them.

> The other line I am paying the standard £10.50, with CPS
> calls with onetel. I would get rid of this line... And
> why the hell not??

None at all, see above..!

> I am only cable for the BB.

What speed/tariff are you on..? You may be better off with ADSL on the
remaining BT line, although it may not be available on the tariff you
have..!

> Will checkout sipgates standard tarrif, me thinks

It's basically 1.19p per minute (billed per minute) for all geo numbers,
the rates for 0845/0870 and mobiles are rather high, you'll almost
certainly be better off using the BT line for these. Check out the tariffs
here https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user/tarife.php. However there is no
monthly fee.

Ivor

Ivor Jones

"PhilÅ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6HIUe.14259$(E-Mail Removed)

[snip]

> Hmmm, sipgate 1.2p landlines, she chats to local friends
> of a night.. I have asked my daughter to ask her friends
> to get a sipgate account, but they haven't got a clue...
> shame...

Indeed, or any other VoIP provider that Sipgate peer with. Most of the
people I call on Sipgate are also users, I put £20 on one of my lines (it
was the minimum amount at the time) almost a year ago and I've used around
£4..!

Ivor

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:43:57 GMT, "PhilÅ" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>One is on a In Contact tarrif, well hidden within BT. Cost £3 PCM. Incomming
>calls only, no 1471 or any features.

If it is well hidden how did you find it ? I would like to know more
about this .

SK

sipgate are rubbish

Jono

|| On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:43:57 GMT, "PhilÅ" <(E-Mail Removed)>
|| wrote:
||| One is on a In Contact tarrif, well hidden within BT. Cost £3 PCM.
||| Incomming calls only, no 1471 or any features.
|| If it is well hidden how did you find it ? I would like to know more
|| about this .

I thought he meant the fact he had the line was well hidden - BT's In
Contact service prohibits any other phone lines to the house, including
mobiles.

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 22:13:25 GMT, "SK" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>sipgate are rubbish

Please tell us something that we don't know .

PhilÅ

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:43:57 GMT, "PhilÅ" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>One is on a In Contact tarrif, well hidden within BT. Cost £3 PCM.
>>Incomming
>>calls only, no 1471 or any features.

> If it is well hidden how did you find it ? I would like to know more
> about this .

http://www.bt.com/customerservices/c..._hidden_extras

well hidden.....

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 22:26:28 GMT, "Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
>I thought he meant the fact he had the line was well hidden - BT's In
>Contact service prohibits any other phone lines to the house, including
>mobiles.

So how are they going to know if you have a mobile ? .

PhilÅ

"Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news4JUe.106363$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> || If it is well hidden how did you find it ? I would like to know more
> || about this .
>
> I thought he meant the fact he had the line was well hidden - BT's In
> Contact service prohibits any other phone lines to the house, including
> mobiles.

I moved into a house three years ago which was flats, converted, but BT
still has it down as flat 1 flat 2 etc...

You are right, I am not supposed to have the service as I already have a
other line available.

Also have a mobile.

Have had my incontact line for 6 years now.

Jono

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
|| On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 22:26:28 GMT, "Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)>
|| wrote:
||| I thought he meant the fact he had the line was well hidden - BT's
||| In Contact service prohibits any other phone lines to the house,
||| including mobiles.
|| So how are they going to know if you have a mobile ? .

I didn't say they'd know. Eligibility of the scheme states that it is not
available if you have any other telephone supplier. It relys on honesty.

The amusing thing is, you'd expect them to know that they are the supplier
of at least one of the other telephone services the OP receives.

Optimizing the expression (x * 1000 / 1000) pozz C Programming 27 03-04-2011 04:46 AM
Configuration Spartan3 1000 bittor VHDL 1 01-03-2005 05:04 PM
1000 Series DC plug Schmuck Cisco 0 11-26-2003 08:33 PM
1000 BASE TX ?? inge network Cisco 9 11-16-2003 01:11 PM

Advertisments