Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Asterisk @ Home

Asterisk @ Home

Jono

Anyone know how to make a@h register with Sipgate more often than it appears
to do?

Or help me solve this issue:
The first call to one of my Sipgate numbers produces a number unobtainable
tone. It may or may not ring at my end. If it does ring, there is silence
when I answer. If the number is dialled immediately again, it rings fine &
the call connects.

Ivor Jones

"Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newshiUe.105507$(E-Mail Removed) o.uk
> Anyone know how to make a@h register with Sipgate more
> often than it appears to do?
>
> Or help me solve this issue:
> The first call to one of my Sipgate numbers produces a
> number unobtainable tone. It may or may not ring at my
> end. If it does ring, there is silence when I answer. If
> the number is dialled immediately again, it rings fine &
> the call connects.

Does it do this if you use other equipment, i.e. a softphone such as
X-Lite or an ATA..? First step is to determine whether it is your end or
not that is causing the problem..!

How often is your system set to register..? Mine is once an hour and it
works fine (a router with built in ATA though not Asterisk)

Let me know if you want to do any tests.

Ivor

Jono

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newshiUe.105507$(E-Mail Removed) o.uk
>> Anyone know how to make a@h register with Sipgate more
>> often than it appears to do?
>>
>> Or help me solve this issue:
>> The first call to one of my Sipgate numbers produces a
>> number unobtainable tone. It may or may not ring at my
>> end. If it does ring, there is silence when I answer. If
>> the number is dialled immediately again, it rings fine &
>> the call connects.

> Does it do this if you use other equipment, i.e. a softphone such as
> X-Lite or an ATA..? First step is to determine whether it is your end or
> not that is causing the problem..!
>
> How often is your system set to register..? Mine is once an hour and it
> works fine (a router with built in ATA though not Asterisk)
>
> Let me know if you want to do any tests.
>
> Ivor

Hi Ivor,

Thanks for the offer.

It's a while since I had it set up directly with an ATA - the ATAs are now
in use as extensions off the a@h pbx.

I'm loath to alter the settings in these, so may try it with x-lite.

Bizarely, the two numbers I use the most - one connects directly to the
voicemail on the asterisk box and works every time, first time (used for
remote access to messages). The other is supposed to ring the phones and go
to VM after about 20 seconds - this is the one I'm having problems with.

I have no idea what the registration interval is on aterisk, hence my
question!

Thomas Rankin

Jono wrote:

> I have no idea what the registration interval is on aterisk, hence my
> question!

From an asterisk console, type:

sip show registry

The Refresh number is the registry interval.

Jono

"Thomas Rankin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GaqUe.5993$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jono wrote:
>>
>> I have no idea what the registration interval is on aterisk, hence my
>> question!

> From an asterisk console, type:
>
> sip show registry
>
> The Refresh number is the registry interval.

I get:

-bash: sip: command not found

Thomas Rankin

Jono wrote:
> "Thomas Rankin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:GaqUe.5993$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Jono wrote:
>>
>>>I have no idea what the registration interval is on aterisk, hence my
>>>question!

>>From an asterisk console, type:
>>
>>sip show registry
>>
>>The Refresh number is the registry interval.

> I get:
>
> -bash: sip: command not found

I meant in an asterisk console, not a bash one.
To access the asterisk console type asterisk -r at a bash prompt.

Jono

"Thomas Rankin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7pBUe.5670$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jono wrote:
>> "Thomas Rankin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:GaqUe.5993$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>From an asterisk console, type:
>>>
>>>sip show registry
>>>
>>>The Refresh number is the registry interval.

>> I get:
>>
>> -bash: sip: command not found

> I meant in an asterisk console, not a bash one.
> To access the asterisk console type asterisk -r at a bash prompt.

Thank you for that.

All my numbers show 105 Registered.