Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > NEWSFLASH Vonage are shortly to announce a referal scheme

NEWSFLASH Vonage are shortly to announce a referal scheme

AD C

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> >Exactly. the only advertising I see is some adverts on a few websites I
> >visit. they only appear for a few seconds, until my ad blocker cuts in
> >and knocks them out.

> I see very very few on TV the programs on ITV etc that we like to
> watch are all recorded and watched later then all the adds can be
> zapped through on the recorder .

I see lots of adverts, having Sky it is something you get used to. But I
have not seen any vonage adverts.

Paul Westwell

http://www.vonage.co.uk/gallery.php

This campaign has only just been launched I believe.

Paul Westwell

"DMac" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qzoUe.37733$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Probably a result of poor takeup
>> in the UK based on their current advertising.

> more like based on their monthly subscription / call charges etc

9.99 per month for unlimited UK calls is excellent value when compared to
BT.

It might not be as cheap (or free) as others but then you do tend to get
what you pay for

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 10:17:53 GMT, "Paul Westwell" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>It might not be as cheap (or free) as others but then you do tend to get
>what you pay for

But some people seem to like using a service who's voice mail language
isn't English Paul but who cares I am more than happy to pay my 67
pence a day inclusive of BT line rental to have the piece of mind of
knowing that I have a cheap and 100% reliable telecom service .
Like you say Paul pay cheap or nothing and you get the same in return.

Peter

Paul Westwell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
[...]
> 9.99 per month for unlimited UK calls is excellent value when
> compared to BT.

It's only excellent value if you would have spent 9.99 on calls in
the first place.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger (E-Mail Removed) for full key
/:.*posting.google.com.*/HX-Trace:+j

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On 12 Sep 2005 13:22:10 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Peter) wrote:

>Paul Westwell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>[...]
>> 9.99 per month for unlimited UK calls is excellent value when
>> compared to BT.

>It's only excellent value if you would have spent 9.99 on calls in
>the first place.

60 odd pence aday including BT line rental IS excellent value I have
spent around 65 minutes on the phone today so far and I have about
another four calls to make yet .

Ad C

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> 60 odd pence aday including BT line rental IS excellent value I have
> spent around 65 minutes on the phone today so far and I have about
> another four calls to make yet .

Only if you are going to use that much or more in calls.
Since most of my phone calls are in the evening and weekends, to which I
only have to pay 5p per call, for up to 90 minutes. A couple of people I
phone a lot is using the same phone supplier as myself, so I can phone
them any time of day and night and not pay a penny

So 60p a day you not be exellent value for me and with more and more
land line phone suppliers, giving the same sort of service as mine, 60p
a day would not be great value to most of them either.

StudMuffin

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:00:45 +0100, Ad C

60p is ook all loll savings of over 600 quid a month on vonage with us
here, now all we pay is 18.99 for the 6 lines we have with vonage .

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:00:45 +0100, Ad C <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>So 60p a day you not be exellent value for me and with more and more
>land line phone suppliers, giving the same sort of service as mine, 60p
>a day would not be great value to most of them either.

I you cannot afford 60p a day inclusive of all UK and Irish
geographical calls then you should not be having a phone service at
all I certainly do not give 60 p a day a second thought, daily rates
have got to get over a pound before I start having second thoughts.

Ad C

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...

> >So 60p a day you not be exellent value for me and with more and more
> >land line phone suppliers, giving the same sort of service as mine, 60p
> >a day would not be great value to most of them either.

> I you cannot afford 60p a day inclusive of all UK and Irish
> geographical calls then you should not be having a phone service at
> all I certainly do not give 60 p a day a second thought, daily rates
> have got to get over a pound before I start having second thoughts.

Now you are putting words into my mouth, or you would be if we was
talking. I did not say I could not afford it, I said I did not find it
exellent value, whichb it would not be, since I would not even use that
amount in calls per day, and a lot of people are in the same position.