Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voip Phones

Voip Phones

Tony Stock

I have deceided to go with voipfone and so far have been well
impressed.

The sound of the calls is fantastic and technical support are top notch
so i wanna get a good voip hardware phone that i can plug in to my
router

voipfone have 2 on the site the snom 190 and the sipura 841 every one i
have spoken to says the snom is much better then the sipura but the
sipura is also a fair bit cheaper is any one using these phone and if
so how to they perform or would i be better off to just get the snom
and be done with it?

Tony S

keymaster

"Tony Stock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I have deceided to go with voipfone and so far have been well
> impressed.
>
> The sound of the calls is fantastic and technical support are top notch
> so i wanna get a good voip hardware phone that i can plug in to my
> router
>
> voipfone have 2 on the site the snom 190 and the sipura 841 every one i
> have spoken to says the snom is much better then the sipura but the
> sipura is also a fair bit cheaper is any one using these phone and if
> so how to they perform or would i be better off to just get the snom
> and be done with it?
>
> Tony S

Hi Tony
I have been with voipfone since almost the start...they are probably the
most reliable and reasonable, the effort from the lads there mkes up for
when it does fail, so i think you made a good choice.
I, like you, tried to save money by buying a cheap phone (grandstream)
which was a big mistake, since buying my snom I have had no problems. The
functions are probably overkill for home use but i would rather have too
much than too little - the voipfone price is probably the cheapest in UK -
but I bought mine new from Germany for 115 inc post.
hope this helps m8, good luck
Roy

Henry F III

Hi there,

Go to http://www.xeloq.com and get their Katana-A100 / IP300.

It is EUR 85,- now......http://www.xeloq.com/nl/budget.htm

The UK site does not have all product-updates yet...so this is Dutch but
nice products.....
I got 1 of these phones - has IAX2, SIP, H323 and codecs g723.1 / g729 / GSM
/ g711 and more....

Cheers
Henry

"Tony Stock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I have deceided to go with voipfone and so far have been well
> impressed.
>
> The sound of the calls is fantastic and technical support are top notch
> so i wanna get a good voip hardware phone that i can plug in to my
> router
>
> voipfone have 2 on the site the snom 190 and the sipura 841 every one i
> have spoken to says the snom is much better then the sipura but the
> sipura is also a fair bit cheaper is any one using these phone and if
> so how to they perform or would i be better off to just get the snom
> and be done with it?
>
> Tony S

Tony Stock

> Hi Tony
> I have been with voipfone since almost the start...they are probably the
> most reliable and reasonable, the effort from the lads there mkes up for
> when it does fail, so i think you made a good choice.
> I, like you, tried to save money by buying a cheap phone (grandstream)
> which was a big mistake, since buying my snom I have had no problems. The
> functions are probably overkill for home use but i would rather have too
> much than too little - the voipfone price is probably the cheapest in UK -
> but I bought mine new from Germany for 115 inc post.
> hope this helps m8, good luck
> Roy

Thanks for this roy i think im gonna get the snom i am sure it will pay
off in the long run voipfone say that all the phones are plug and go
does this mean i dont need to set anything up just plug it in?

Tony S

keymaster

"Tony Stock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi Tony
> I have been with voipfone since almost the start...they are probably the
> most reliable and reasonable, the effort from the lads there mkes up for
> when it does fail, so i think you made a good choice.
> I, like you, tried to save money by buying a cheap phone (grandstream)
> which was a big mistake, since buying my snom I have had no problems. The
> functions are probably overkill for home use but i would rather have too
> much than too little - the voipfone price is probably the cheapest in UK -
> but I bought mine new from Germany for 115 inc post.
> hope this helps m8, good luck
> Roy

Thanks for this roy i think im gonna get the snom i am sure it will pay
off in the long run voipfone say that all the phones are plug and go
does this mean i dont need to set anything up just plug it in?

Tony S
Hi m8
this is exactly wot it means - when u sorted phone me if u want (its free)
to try it out
cheers
Roy

keymaster

"Henry F III" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:431ebe95$0$11062$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
> Hi there,
>
> Go to http://www.xeloq.com and get their Katana-A100 / IP300.
>
> It is EUR 85,- now......http://www.xeloq.com/nl/budget.htm
>
> The UK site does not have all product-updates yet...so this is Dutch but
> nice products.....
> I got 1 of these phones - has IAX2, SIP, H323 and codecs g723.1 / g729 /
> GSM
> / g711 and more....
>
> Cheers
> Henry

Hi
you joking? lolol these chinese things are for sale all over ebay for 33
they are plain nasty imho
cheers
Roy

Henry F III

> > Hi there,
> >
> > Go to http://www.xeloq.com and get their Katana-A100 / IP300.
> >
> > It is EUR 85,- now......http://www.xeloq.com/nl/budget.htm
> >
> > The UK site does not have all product-updates yet...so this is Dutch but
> > nice products.....
> > I got 1 of these phones - has IAX2, SIP, H323 and codecs g723.1 / g729 /
> > GSM
> > / g711 and more....
> >
> > Cheers
> > Henry

> Hi
> you joking? lolol these chinese things are for sale all over ebay for 33
> they are plain nasty imho
> cheers
> Roy

Roy,

I am not joking - I bought this phone a year ago and used it on XeloQ with
H323 first.
Then they switched to SIP and I am using it for 9 months on SIP now.......it
never failed and works great.

I am aware that there are a lot of Chinese phones avalable; but this seems
to last very good.
I take it on business trips and hook it up anywhere and it always
works......

Henry