Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipura:Inserting pauses into dial plan

Sipura:Inserting pauses into dial plan

Brian A

Dialling plan with a pause:
I want to route my calls through an 0800 provider. I need to insert a
4 second pause between the 0800 and my dialled number.
I can get the number to dial :-
(P0 <:0800etc>)
This means that after 0 seconds the number is dialled - that works!
However I want to dial my number and have it insert at the end of the
0800 number after 4 seconds.
I thought something like this might work..
(P0 <:0800etc P4>xx. ) but it doesn't.

There is some information on 'pause' on page 87 of the Sipura user
guide but, as usual, the information is sparce.

I have seen several questions posted on various forums re this but no
satisfactory answers.
Produce a practical working example and you could be the first!

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

David Floyd

In message of Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Brian A writes
>Dialling plan with a pause:
>I want to route my calls through an 0800 provider. I need to insert a
>4 second pause between the 0800 and my dialled number.
>I can get the number to dial :-
>(P0 <:0800etc>)
>This means that after 0 seconds the number is dialled - that works!
>However I want to dial my number and have it insert at the end of the
>0800 number after 4 seconds.
>I thought something like this might work..
>(P0 <:0800etc P4>xx. ) but it doesn't.
>
>There is some information on 'pause' on page 87 of the Sipura user
>guide but, as usual, the information is sparce.
>
>I have seen several questions posted on various forums re this but no
>satisfactory answers.
>Produce a practical working example and you could be the first!

What you require cannot be done with Sipura ATAs. I would also suggest
you visit the Voxilla forums where there are more informed people
regarding this subject.

David

Brian A

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 10:46:30 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In message of Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Brian A writes
>>Dialling plan with a pause:
>>I want to route my calls through an 0800 provider. I need to insert a
>>4 second pause between the 0800 and my dialled number.
>>I can get the number to dial :-
>>(P0 <:0800etc>)
>>This means that after 0 seconds the number is dialled - that works!
>>However I want to dial my number and have it insert at the end of the
>>0800 number after 4 seconds.
>>I thought something like this might work..
>>(P0 <:0800etc P4>xx. ) but it doesn't.
>>
>>There is some information on 'pause' on page 87 of the Sipura user
>>guide but, as usual, the information is sparce.
>>
>>I have seen several questions posted on various forums re this but no
>>satisfactory answers.
>>Produce a practical working example and you could be the first!
>>

>What you require cannot be done with Sipura ATAs. I would also suggest
>you visit the Voxilla forums where there are more informed people
>regarding this subject.
>
>David

Thank you David. That in itself is very useful - no point trying to
achieve the impossible. I could use an Asterisk box then or I might
just use an Orchid box - can't see any reason why not.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

David Floyd

In message of Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Brian A writes
>On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 10:46:30 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>

>>What you require cannot be done with Sipura ATAs. I would also suggest
>>you visit the Voxilla forums where there are more informed people
>>regarding this subject.
>>
>>David

>Thank you David. That in itself is very useful - no point trying to
>achieve the impossible. I could use an Asterisk box then or I might
>just use an Orchid box - can't see any reason why not.

That's what I use for this purpose - an Orchid Box - with the Sipura.

David