Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipgate Website - Can't Credit Account

Sipgate Website - Can't Credit Account

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:47:09 +0100, "Jim Rainford"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>My problem is that I cannot get the Sipgate website to debit my credit card
>so that I can start to make outgoing calls.

Just another example of Sipgate's inability to provide a 100% working
service go with a decent ENGLISH provider like Voipfone or Gradwell .

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:26:05 GMT, "UKHierarchy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>> service go with a decent ENGLISH provider

>www.vonage.co.uk

Vonage aren't an English company they are bloody yanks who's fellow
countrymen can't be bothered to go to help severe hurricane victims
until three days after the hurricane had stuck .

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:12:38 GMT, "UKHierarchy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:26:05 GMT, "UKHierarchy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>>www.vonage.co.uk
>>>

>> Vonage aren't an English company they are bloody yanks who's fellow
>> countrymen can't be bothered to go to help severe hurricane victims
>> until three days after the hurricane had stuck .

>ahh but you use www.vonage.co.uk dont you dex and arent you HAPPY with their
>service so far.

I am also just has happy with Voipfone and Voipcheap .

Jim Rainford

Hi All,

As a complete newbie to VOIP I thought I'd try a Sipgate account.

I've had no problems installing the Grandstream Budgetone 100 onto my
Draytek router.

My problem is that I cannot get the Sipgate website to debit my credit card
so that I can start to make outgoing calls. I've obtained a Security code by
dialling 10200. I've entered my credit card details correctly (trying three
different cards across three separate PCs in case it was a PC error at my
end). The credit cards are all perfectly valid etc.

All that happens after I submit my details is an error message on the
results page. This (so helpfully) tells me to 'Enter Valid Data' or 'Enter
Valid Security Code' and provides a 'Back' link.

So far as the security code goes, it's a four digit number. I've noticed,
however that the field on the website will accept up to six digits. Attempts
to preface the four digit code with 00 have had no effect on the error
messages.

I've e-mailed Sipgate about it, but reading some of the posts on here it
seems that I may have to wait for a week for them to reply.

All I want to do is give them some bl***y money!

If anybody knows of a fix or workaround I'd be grateful to hear it. I know I
could credit the account from my Bank Account (after a four day delay), but
the experience so far is making me wonder whether this is a company that
wants to be taken seriously!

Thanks.

Jim Rainford

Sparks

> So far as the security code goes, it's a four digit number. I've noticed,
> however that the field on the website will accept up to six digits.
> Attempts
> to preface the four digit code with 00 have had no effect on the error
> messages.

Is the security code not the three digit number on the signature strip of
the card?

...or does it ask for that somewhere else!?

Sparks...

Jim Rainford

"Sparks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4316c81e$0$38041$(E-Mail Removed).. .

> Is the security code not the three digit number on the signature strip of
> the card?
>
> ..or does it ask for that somewhere else!?
>
> Sparks...

No, it's not the same thing (and it does ask for it elsewhere on the form).

The first time you credit (or attempt to credit!) the account you have to
call 10200 and an automated voice provides a four-digit security code.

Cheers.

Jim

UKHierarchy

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> service go with a decent ENGLISH provider

www.vonage.co.uk

Jim Rainford

"UKHierarchy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1HARe.3921$(E-Mail Removed)...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> > service go with a decent ENGLISH provider

> www.vonage.co.uk

Amazingly enough, Sipgate have solved the problem. They've removed the need
for a security number, so the card now goes through as on any normal online
payment facility.

The only problem is that now I think I've knackered my phone! I'll go away
and write out 'I must not fiddle with settings when things are working' 1000
times!

Thanks folks.

Jim

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 01:25:06 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The system has been very reliable here recently, what few problems there
>have been, have been very quickly resolved. Although Dex and Stefan will
>claim that this is due to my alleged "involvement" with them, of course

I note you are steering clear of mentioning the Voicemail system that
has been in beta since the year dot and hasn't worked since day one
Ivor .
Your involvement with Sipgate isn't " alleged" you have admitted in
public that you have an interest in Sipgate and while you keep
refusing to disclose just what that interest is one can only speculate
that it is either that you are secretly employed by Sipgate or you
have some financial involvement in the company .

UKHierarchy

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Sipgate credit divoch UK VOIP 3 03-09-2011 07:52 PM
Sipgate - I can't add credit to my account! Peter X UK VOIP 17 10-07-2005 07:19 PM