Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Which free provider most reliable: Service + CLI

Which free provider most reliable: Service + CLI

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:37:10 GMT, Thomas Rankin
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(afaik) all voip providers charge for 0800/0808 numbers and I'm sure
>you'd be able to find some that are the same price or cheaper than
>QX-dials routing services anyway.

Just shows what you know Thomas I was never charged with Sipgate
for 0800 or 0808 calls and I am not charged now by Vonage or Voipfone
or Voipcheap .

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:24:30 GMT, "UKHierarchy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>
>> Sipgate don't charge for 0800 numbers.
>>
>> Ivor
>>

>i forgot to add i have an undeclared interest in sipgate didnt you eyevor

Like many many people here I would like to know just what that
interest is ,it will come out in the wash though things of this nature
always do eventually .

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:39:43 +0100, Brian A
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It seems that the minimum call top up fee for voipfone is 10.
>For my initial purposes I only need to make a 1 min call to an 0870
>number (my reason for this only clouds the issue here) so not so keen
>on spending 10 unless I really have to.

Sipgate is exactly the same Brian but they are only like quite a lot
of small shops in this respect most will not allow you to use a card
unless you spend a fiver on goods . It may have gone up to 10.00 now
anything less than this amount the retailer is charged for the
transaction I have been told on a few occasions .

Brian A

I want to be able to call QX-dial 0800/0808 via Voip.
Which free provider should I sign up with based on reliability and the
necessary CLI to be able to use the service?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Thomas Rankin

Brian A wrote:
> I want to be able to call QX-dial 0800/0808 via Voip.
> Which free provider should I sign up with based on reliability and the
> necessary CLI to be able to use the service?

This may sound silly, but why would you want to?

(afaik) all voip providers charge for 0800/0808 numbers and I'm sure
you'd be able to find some that are the same price or cheaper than
QX-dials routing services anyway.

Ivor Jones

"Thomas Rankin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:qiqRe.3998$(E-Mail Removed)
> Brian A wrote:
> > I want to be able to call QX-dial 0800/0808 via Voip.
> > Which free provider should I sign up with based on
> > reliability and the necessary CLI to be able to use the
> > service?

> This may sound silly, but why would you want to?
>
> (afaik) all voip providers charge for 0800/0808 numbers
> and I'm sure you'd be able to find some that are the same
> price or cheaper than QX-dials routing services anyway.

Sipgate don't charge for 0800 numbers.

Ivor

Brian A

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:44:15 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Thomas Rankin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>message news:qiqRe.3998$(E-Mail Removed)
>> Brian A wrote:
>> > I want to be able to call QX-dial 0800/0808 via Voip.
>> > Which free provider should I sign up with based on
>> > reliability and the necessary CLI to be able to use the
>> > service?

>> This may sound silly, but why would you want to?
>>
>> (afaik) all voip providers charge for 0800/0808 numbers
>> and I'm sure you'd be able to find some that are the same
>> price or cheaper than QX-dials routing services anyway.

>Sipgate don't charge for 0800 numbers.
>
>Ivor

Yes I have checked the tariff on these providers and 'freephone'
calls are free...but which provider is best based on my original
criteria of relibility and forwarding of the CLI?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Mathew Curtis

Brian A wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:44:15 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"Thomas Rankin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >message news:qiqRe.3998$(E-Mail Removed)
> >> This may sound silly, but why would you want to?
> >>
> >> (afaik) all voip providers charge for 0800/0808 numbers
> >> and I'm sure you'd be able to find some that are the same
> >> price or cheaper than QX-dials routing services anyway.

> >Sipgate don't charge for 0800 numbers.
> >
> >Ivor
> >

> Yes I have checked the tariff on these providers and 'freephone'
> calls are free...but which provider is best based on my original
> criteria of relibility and forwarding of the CLI?
>
> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Take a look at www.voipfone.co.uk 0800's and 0808 numbers are free to
call and they provide inbound and outbound caller ID and are very
reliable

Mat

UKHierarchy

"Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Sipgate don't charge for 0800 numbers.
>
> Ivor

i forgot to add i have an undeclared interest in sipgate didnt you eyevor

UKHierarchy

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:24:30 GMT, "UKHierarchy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>"Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>>
>>> Sipgate don't charge for 0800 numbers.
>>>
>>> Ivor
>>>

>>i forgot to add i have an undeclared interest in sipgate didnt you eyevor
>>

> Like many many people here I would like to know just what that
> interest is ,it will come out in the wash though things of this nature
> always do eventually .

oh it will for sure, eyevor will slip up eventually.