Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voipbuster - 2 "major" problems - any help?

Voipbuster - 2 "major" problems - any help?

ryanjjones@mail.com

Hi

I've emailed and had no response, and I am on the latest version

Two problems that make it unusable! Please note - this worked
perfectly for 2-3 days - then stopped. Making me think its a scam...

Problem 1
=========
Laptop is standard Compaq Evo. Worked fine. Now, *sometimes*
Mic/speakers do not work - and hence need to hang up. Reboot. Try
again etc. Setting to "hands free" makes no difference

Problem 2
=========
Ignoring above, now I dial, say my home, phone rings 2-3 times then
VoipBuster says "connected" and hangs up. Or, if I actually answer the
phone - it disconnects in 2-3 seconds.

Clearly making this useless.

I've tried most things I can think of - clear up and reinstall; updated
soundcard drivers etc - but nothing I've awaited a new version -
but one month on - nothing.

Any help or hints apprecaited - otherwise I've wasted my money in the
account! (hence thinking it is a scam)

Hellraiser

> Problem 2
> =========
> Ignoring above, now I dial, say my home, phone rings 2-3 times then
> VoipBuster says "connected" and hangs up. Or, if I actually answer the
> phone - it disconnects in 2-3 seconds.

Had a similar issue, it was due to either having Skype running as well, or
it was down to Zonealarm - can't remember now!

Hellraiser...........>

David Floyd

In message of Thu, 25 Aug 2005, writes

>Any help or hints apprecaited - otherwise I've wasted my money in the
>account! (hence thinking it is a scam)

Sorry I can't help you with your particular problem. But I will say
that it's NOT a scam.

It works perfectly with an ATA and phone. Make all my daytime outgoing
calls with them, with perfect quality.

DF

Brian A

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:01:30 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In message of Thu, 25 Aug 2005, writes
>
>>Any help or hints apprecaited - otherwise I've wasted my money in the
>>account! (hence thinking it is a scam)
>>

>Sorry I can't help you with your particular problem. But I will say
>that it's NOT a scam.
>
>It works perfectly with an ATA and phone. Make all my daytime outgoing
>calls with them, with perfect quality.
>
>DF

I see postings on some voip forums that say you can't get voipbuster
to work on an ATA. If you have it all working then I am sure that
people would be interested in your settings.
What ATA are you using btw.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

David Floyd

In message of Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Brian A writes
>On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:01:30 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>In message of Thu, 25 Aug 2005, writes
>>
>>>Any help or hints apprecaited - otherwise I've wasted my money in the
>>>account! (hence thinking it is a scam)
>>>

>>Sorry I can't help you with your particular problem. But I will say
>>that it's NOT a scam.
>>
>>It works perfectly with an ATA and phone. Make all my daytime outgoing
>>calls with them, with perfect quality.
>>
>>DF

>I see postings on some voip forums that say you can't get voipbuster
>to work on an ATA. If you have it all working then I am sure that
>people would be interested in your settings.
>What ATA are you using btw.

People have got VoIPBuster to work on ATAs but not VoIPCheap.

I use a Sipura3000, and since you can't receive incoming calls on
VoIPBuster there's little point using up one of the registered lines. I
therefore use it for outgoing calls on a gateway with settings:

Gateway 4: <UserID>@sip.voipbuster.com
GW4 NAT Mapping Enable: yes
GW4 Auth ID: <UserID>
GW4 Password: <password>

David

davew

> I see postings on some voip forums that say you can't get voipbuster
> to work on an ATA. If you have it all working then I am sure that
> people would be interested in your settings.
> What ATA are you using btw.

I'm using voipbuster on an Asterisk PBX, works fine. I am connecting
via IAX not SIP. I read that they disabled SIP some time ago.

Sean

David Floyd wrote:

> Sorry I can't help you with your particular problem. But I will say
> that it's NOT a scam.
>
> It works perfectly with an ATA and phone. Make all my daytime outgoing
> calls with them, with perfect quality.
>
> DF

Yes, i made a 3 way call today, was very loud and clear!

Sean

davew wrote:

>> I see postings on some voip forums that say you can't get voipbuster
>> to work on an ATA. If you have it all working then I am sure that
>> people would be interested in your settings.
>> What ATA are you using btw.
>>

> I'm using voipbuster on an Asterisk PBX, works fine. I am connecting
> via IAX not SIP. I read that they disabled SIP some time ago.

I've been using SIP on my ATA for a few days

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh David Floyd:
> In message of Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Brian A writes
>> On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:01:30 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> In message of Thu, 25 Aug 2005, writes

>>> Sorry I can't help you with your particular problem. But I will say
>>> that it's NOT a scam.
>>>
>>> It works perfectly with an ATA and phone. Make all my daytime
>>> outgoing calls with them, with perfect quality.
>>>
>>> DF

>> I see postings on some voip forums that say you can't get voipbuster
>> to work on an ATA. If you have it all working then I am sure that
>> people would be interested in your settings.
>> What ATA are you using btw.
>>

> People have got VoIPBuster to work on ATAs but not VoIPCheap.
>
> I use a Sipura3000, and since you can't receive incoming calls on
> VoIPBuster there's little point using up one of the registered lines.
> I therefore use it for outgoing calls on a gateway with settings:
>
> Gateway 4: <UserID>@sip.voipbuster.com
> GW4 NAT Mapping Enable: yes
> GW4 Auth ID: <UserID>
> GW4 Password: <password>
>
> David

They gave me an 0845 incoming number, which I am able to receive calls on.

For Free 10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or 5 when referred to
easyMobile contact me via above site.

Al

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 06:21:55 +0100, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

>They gave me an 0845 incoming number, which I am able to receive calls on.

How did you get the 0845 number? I thought Voipbuster was only for
outgoing calls.

Any VoIP phone will work with any VoIP software (skype, Gizmo, VoipBuster,etc) gaikokujinkyofusho@gmail.com UK VOIP 2 12-12-2005 12:35 PM
Any VoIP phone will work with any VoIP software (skype, Gizmo, VoipBuster,etc) gaikokujinkyofusho@gmail.com VOIP 2 12-12-2005 12:35 PM
Problems using Voipbuster. OM UK VOIP 8 09-25-2005 12:27 PM
Voipbuster registration problems shabir UK VOIP 4 07-09-2005 06:09 AM

Advertisments