Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Is there an inexpensive service that forwards calls from a fixed (VoIP) line to a mobile?

Is there an inexpensive service that forwards calls from a fixed (VoIP) line to a mobile?

Alexandra Bache

I would like to have a London number which forwards calls to my mobile so I
bear the cost. Does anyone offer this service at a reasonable price? Is
there a better alternative I haven't considered? Someone I spoke to
mentioned Asterisk and I have read some threads here, but I think that is
overkill for my requirements.

A.B.

Sean

Alexandra Bache wrote:
> I would like to have a London number which forwards calls to my mobile so I
> bear the cost. Does anyone offer this service at a reasonable price? Is
> there a better alternative I haven't considered? Someone I spoke to
> mentioned Asterisk and I have read some threads here, but I think that is
> overkill for my requirements.
>
> A.B.

www.voipfone.co.uk Provide phone numbers 1.99 a month, and you can
divert them to your mobile. They don't show CLI of incoming calls though

Mathew Curtis

Sean wrote:
> Alexandra Bache wrote:
> > I would like to have a London number which forwards calls to my mobile so I
> > bear the cost. Does anyone offer this service at a reasonable price? Is
> > there a better alternative I haven't considered? Someone I spoke to
> > mentioned Asterisk and I have read some threads here, but I think that is
> > overkill for my requirements.
> >
> > A.B.
> >

> www.voipfone.co.uk Provide phone numbers 1.99 a month, and you can
> divert them to your mobile. They don't show CLI of incoming calls though

Yes I spotted that too but apparently they are supposed to be changing
that this week not that it matters too much

Mat

Sean

Mathew Curtis wrote:

>>www.voipfone.co.uk Provide phone numbers 1.99 a month, and you can
>>divert them to your mobile. They don't show CLI of incoming calls though

> Yes I spotted that too but apparently they are supposed to be changing
> that this week not that it matters too much
>
> Mat

What are they going to change? The CLI thing?

Mathew Curtis

Sean wrote:
> Mathew Curtis wrote:
>
> >>www.voipfone.co.uk Provide phone numbers 1.99 a month, and you can
> >>divert them to your mobile. They don't show CLI of incoming calls though

> > Yes I spotted that too but apparently they are supposed to be changing
> > that this week not that it matters too much
> >
> > Mat
> >

> What are they going to change? The CLI thing?

Yes to be honest I only noticed it because I had all my calls diverted
and I was waiting for an important call that I missed and when I
checked my missed calls it showed no number so I gave voipfone a call
and they said that they were changing it this week so that the
originating cli is passed to the receiving phone

Mat

Sean

Mathew Curtis wrote:
> Sean wrote:

>>What are they going to change? The CLI thing?

> Yes to be honest I only noticed it because I had all my calls diverted
> and I was waiting for an important call that I missed and when I
> checked my missed calls it showed no number so I gave voipfone a call
> and they said that they were changing it this week so that the
> originating cli is passed to the receiving phone
>
> Mat

Well at the moment i get the CLI of my own number 0560.... Which is
confusing!

I hope they sort it on the ring back service too, so i can call from my
mobile, with the call looking like it is from my mobile and not a
strange 0560 number people dont know.

Sauron

"Alexandra Bache" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would like to have a London number which forwards calls to my mobile so I
>bear the cost. Does anyone offer this service at a reasonable price? Is
>there a better alternative I haven't considered? Someone I spoke to
>mentioned Asterisk and I have read some threads here, but I think that is
>overkill for my requirements.
>
> A.B.

http://www.gradwell.co.uk/ offer freephone 0800 numbers as well as
geographical 01/02 numbers and offer call divert. free for the first 3
months and then 4 a month.

I am a happy Gradwell customer using the a 0800 number which works well for
me.

John Blessing

Sauron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Alexandra Bache" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I would like to have a London number which forwards calls to my mobile so
>>I bear the cost. Does anyone offer this service at a reasonable price?
>>Is there a better alternative I haven't considered? Someone I spoke to
>>mentioned Asterisk and I have read some threads here, but I think that is
>>overkill for my requirements.
>>
>> A.B.
>>

> http://www.gradwell.co.uk/ offer freephone 0800 numbers as well as
> geographical 01/02 numbers and offer call divert. free for the first 3
> months and then 4 a month.
>
> I am a happy Gradwell customer using the a 0800 number which works well
> for me.

Vonage has "simulring" - you specify a list of numbers that will ring as
soon as your VOIP number rings, the first one to pick up takes the call.

They also have call hunt and basic divert.

No additional charge for the above.

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.
"

Fritzbox 7050 - incoming sound cutting out on fixed line calls templecloud UK VOIP 0 03-04-2007 05:22 AM
Dynamic forwards bb Java 0 04-02-2005 01:53 AM
Successive Struts Forwards? bill.blackmon@kpi-consulting.net Java 1 03-31-2005 11:04 PM
Struts Newbie - problems with Action Forwards Spivee Java 4 11-29-2004 03:08 PM
oe deleting all forwards s.wagers Computer Support 1 12-23-2003 05:45 AM

Advertisments