Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Need To Setup Cisco 7940 for Sipgate

Need To Setup Cisco 7940 for Sipgate

viconsul@gmail.com

Hi

I hope someone can shed some light to what I need to get this working.
I have a Cisco 7940 phone ( Sip firmware 7.5 ) but when I follow the
sipgate online configuration example I can get a dial tone and I can
call the test number and hear the recorded message (german Language),
but I cannot call other number or receive any call (both sip - sip and
pstn -sip or sip to pstn).

Below is my configuration, please note I have a public ip dedicated to
the phone so I'm not using nat and no firewall restriction.

dhcp_server : Disabled
my_ip_addr : 2**.**5.**7.***
subnet_mask : 255.255.255.248
defaultgw : 2**.**5.**7.***
dyn_dns_addr_1 : 0.0.0.0
dyn_dns_addr_2 : 0.0.0.0
dns_addr : 2**.*3.*.*
dns_backup_1: 2**.*3.*.*
primary_tftp_addr : 2**.**5.**7.**
dyn_tftp_addr : 0.0.0.0
my_mac_addr : 000b:46e9:ab60
domain_name : sipgate.co.uk
my_name : SIP000B46E9AB60
Status Flags : 12300001

image_version : "P0S3-07-5-00"
FirmLoadID : "PC03C300"
DSPLoadID : "PS03AT46"
network_media_type : Full100
network_port2_type : Hub/Switch
tos_media : 5
phone_label : "my sipagate id"
tftp_cfg_dir : ""
phone_password : ***********
phone_prompt : "sip"
language : english
sntp_mode : DirectedBroadcast
sntp_server : 6*.4.9*.2**
time_zone : GMT
dst_offset : 1
dst_start_month : April
dst_start_day : 0
dst_start_day_of_week : Sun
dst_start_week_of_month : 1
dst_start_time : 02
dst_stop_month : Oct
dst_stop_day : 0
dst_stop_day_of_week : Sunday
dst_stop_week_of_month : 8
dst_stop_time : 2
dst_auto_adjust : 1
time_format_24hr : 1
date_format : M/D/Y
nat_enable : 0
nat_address : UNPROVISIONED
voip_control_port : 5060
start_media_port : 16384
end_media_port : 32766
sync : "1"
xml_card_dir : ""
xml_card_file : "CARD.XML"
telnet_level : 2
services_url : ""
directory_url : ""
logo_url : ""
http_proxy_addr : UNPROVISIONED
http_proxy_port : 80
garp_enable : 1
enable_vad : 0
dial_template : "dialplan"
callerid_blocking : 0
anonymous_call_block : 0
autocomplete : 1
messages_uri : ""
dnd_control : 0
preferred_codec : g729a
dtmf_outofband : avt
dtmf_avt_payload : 101
dtmf_db_level : 3
dtmf_inband : 1
line1_name : "my sipgate username"
line2_name : ""
line1_authname : "my sipgate id"
line2_authname : ""
line1_password : **********
line2_password : **********
line1_shortname : "+44 207 0******"
line2_shortname : "UNPROVISIONED"
line1_displayname : "+44 207 0******"
line2_displayname : ""
proxy1_address : "sipgate.co.uk"
proxy2_address : ""
proxy1_port : 5060
proxy2_port : 5060
sip_retx : 10
sip_invite_retx : 6
timer_t1 : 500
timer_t2 : 4000
timer_invite_expires : 180
timer_register_expires : 3600
proxy_register : 1
proxy_backup : ""
proxy_emergency : ""
proxy_backup_port : 5060
proxy_emergency_port : 5060
outbound_proxy : UNPROVISIONED
outbound_proxy_port : 5082
nat_received_processing : 0
mwi_status : 0
call_waiting : 1
user_info : phone
cnf_join_enable : 1
remote_party_id : 0
semi_attended_transfer : 1
call_hold_ringback : 0
stutter_msg_waiting : 0
cfwd_url : ""
call_stats : 1
auto_answer : 0
local_cfwd_enable : 1
timer_register_delta : 5
sip_max_forwards : 70
rfc_2543_hold : 0

themgt

line1_displayname : XXXXXXX # your 7 digit sipgate sip id
line1_name : XXXXXXX # ditto

themgt

Have a look at the Cisco SIP phone admin guide
http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf...00801d1972.pdf
for an explanation of all the configurable parameters.

Also if your phone isn't behind a firewall I'd change telnet_level to '0'

viconsul

Changing the line1_displayname and line1_name to the 7 digit sipgate id
solve the problem and now I can move the phone behind a firewall.

Many thanks to themgt.

Vicon

Changing the line1_displayname and line1_name to sipgate id solve the
problem and now move the phone behind a firewall.

Many thanks to themgt.