Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > ADSL router as ATA without ADSL bit?

ADSL router as ATA without ADSL bit?

Adam Aglionby

Ebuyer have attractive looking price >30GBP, on Zoom XV5 5565 ADSL
router with VOIP

Is it possible to frankenstein this on to the back of a D-Link wifi
router connected , ethernet, to Teleworst cable modem?

Need wifi connection for laptop, like idea of DECT phone available on
voip, like distinctive ring and QoS router should provide.But tightwad
looking for cheapest way of doing it.

Very new to voip and learning new acronyms by the minute.

Thanks for any help.

Adam

themgt

Adam Aglionby wrote:
> Ebuyer have attractive looking price >30GBP, on Zoom XV5 5565 ADSL
> router with VOIP
>
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=62676

Ooooh, cheap. Cheaper than a secondhand ATA on eBay.

> Is it possible to frankenstein this on to the back of a D-Link wifi
> router connected , ethernet, to Teleworst cable modem?

One of the ethernet ports would have to be MDI wouldn't it ? It doesn't
say in the datasheet on Zoom's website. Also the picture of the back
panel comes up blank for some reason.

Ian

"Adam Aglionby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Ebuyer have attractive looking price >30GBP, on Zoom XV5 5565 ADSL
> router with VOIP

> Is it possible to frankenstein this on to the back of a D-Link wifi
> router connected , ethernet, to Teleworst cable modem?
>
> Need wifi connection for laptop, like idea of DECT phone available on
> voip, like distinctive ring and QoS router should provide.But tightwad
> looking for cheapest way of doing it.
>
> Very new to voip and learning new acronyms by the minute.

I would say not. the ATA part of this type of units are on the wan side,
what you need is a V3 version which is for cable modems. Or any other ATA/
router. GS 486. for example for that matter.

Ian

What wireless ATA router? - yet another "What ATA?" thread Theo Markettos UK VOIP 10 07-23-2007 12:00 PM
adsl router to adsl router czar Cisco 2 05-01-2007 05:42 AM
Comunications ATA 186 to ATA 186 (without any gatekeeper or CallManager) SoGo VOIP 1 03-12-2005 07:39 AM
ATA 133 HD on a ATA 100 Board buffy Computer Support 2 12-23-2003 03:39 PM

Advertisments