Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Different provider for incoming/outgoing on the same handset

Different provider for incoming/outgoing on the same handset

Brian A

Wanting different provider for incoming/outgoing on the same
handset...
An earlier posting semed to suggest that this was possible using a
Sipura ATA.
Can the Grandstream Handytone ATA-486 or 496 do this too?
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Ivor Jones

"Brian A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> Wanting different provider for incoming/outgoing on the
> same handset...
> An earlier posting semed to suggest that this was
> possible using a Sipura ATA.
> Can the Grandstream Handytone ATA-486 or 496 do this too?

The 486 can't, don't know the 496 I think it's a new beast.

Personally the way I'd do it is to use a 2-port ATA such as the Sipura
2000 and a 2-line phone like the BT Converse 2025. You then have the
choice of either line for calls in either direction without mucking about
reconfiguring things.

Ivor

Sean

Ivor Jones wrote:
> The 486 can't, don't know the 496 I think it's a new beast.
>
> Personally the way I'd do it is to use a 2-port ATA such as the Sipura
> 2000 and a 2-line phone like the BT Converse 2025. You then have the
> choice of either line for calls in either direction without mucking about
> reconfiguring things.
>
> Ivor

There is also a device on ebay called combine-a-line, i'm getting one.

Lets you use any phone equipment on two lines... More info when i get it