Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Problems with 1866 and X-Lite

Problems with 1866 and X-Lite

adamc

I am starting out with Voip and am having problems with X-Lite and the
1866 iax service. I've configured it according to [1] but for some
reason, I fail to hear the person I am calling. They can hear me fine. I
know that this service is working, as I have it working with Firefly,
but I want to set this up on my linux box, hence the need to configure
X-Lite.

Any pointers as to what might be going wrong? Is this a codec thing?

TIA

Adam

[1] http://www.bextech.co.uk/voip/

--
PGP key: 7111B833

adamc

On 2005-08-19, adamc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am starting out with Voip and am having problems with X-Lite and the
> 1866 iax service. I've configured it according to [1] but for some
> reason, I fail to hear the person I am calling. They can hear me fine. I
> know that this service is working, as I have it working with Firefly,
> but I want to set this up on my linux box, hence the need to configure
> X-Lite.
>
> Any pointers as to what might be going wrong? Is this a codec thing?
>
> TIA
>
> Adam
>
> [1] http://www.bextech.co.uk/voip/

For 1866, I mean 1899.

PGP key: 7111B833

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh adamc:
> On 2005-08-19, adamc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I am starting out with Voip and am having problems with X-Lite and
>> the 1866 iax service. I've configured it according to [1] but for
>> some reason, I fail to hear the person I am calling. They can hear
>> me fine. I know that this service is working, as I have it working
>> with Firefly, but I want to set this up on my linux box, hence the
>> need to configure X-Lite.
>>
>> Any pointers as to what might be going wrong? Is this a codec thing?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Adam
>>
>> [1] http://www.bextech.co.uk/voip/
>>

> For 1866, I mean 1899.

Sounds like you have a router problem, you will need to open/forward some
ports.

For Free 10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or 5 when referred to
easyMobile contact me via above site.

adamc

On 2005-08-20, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Thus spaketh adamc:
>> On 2005-08-19, adamc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> I am starting out with Voip and am having problems with X-Lite and
>>> the 1866 iax service. I've configured it according to [1] but for
>>> some reason, I fail to hear the person I am calling. They can hear
>>> me fine. I know that this service is working, as I have it working
>>> with Firefly, but I want to set this up on my linux box, hence the
>>> need to configure X-Lite.
>>>
>>> Any pointers as to what might be going wrong? Is this a codec thing?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Adam
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.bextech.co.uk/voip/
>>>

>> For 1866, I mean 1899.

> Sounds like you have a router problem, you will need to open/forward some
> ports.

If it was just a port, what does Firefly do to get round that port that
XLite cannot?

Adam

--
PGP key: 7111B833

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh adamc:
> On 2005-08-20, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> Thus spaketh adamc:

>>> For 1866, I mean 1899.

>> Sounds like you have a router problem, you will need to open/forward
>> some ports.
>>

> If it was just a port, what does Firefly do to get round that port
> that XLite cannot?
>
> Adam

Are you using Firefly with the iax setting and X-Lite with the sip setting?

adamc

On 2005-08-20, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Thus spaketh adamc:
>> On 2005-08-20, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>> Thus spaketh adamc:

>>> Sounds like you have a router problem, you will need to open/forward
>>> some ports.
>>>

>> If it was just a port, what does Firefly do to get round that port
>> that XLite cannot?
>>
>> Adam

> Are you using Firefly with the iax setting and X-Lite with the sip setting?

I've not changed any setting on X-Lite - my guess is that Firefly
automatically detects iax, whereas X-Lite doesn't.

How do I config X-Lite to see an account as IAX instead of SIP?

TIA
Adam
- --
PGP key: 7111B833

Ivor Jones

"adamc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:de82n4$jfe$(E-Mail Removed)

[snip]

> I've not changed any setting on X-Lite - my guess is that
> Firefly automatically detects iax, whereas X-Lite doesn't.
>
> How do I config X-Lite to see an account as IAX instead
> of SIP?

Does X-Lite handle IAX..? I thought it was purely SIP, but I could be
wrong.

Ivor

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh adamc:

> On 2005-08-20, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> Thus spaketh adamc:

>>> If it was just a port, what does Firefly do to get round that port
>>> that XLite cannot?
>>>
>>> Adam

>> Are you using Firefly with the iax setting and X-Lite with the sip
>> setting?
>>

> I've not changed any setting on X-Lite - my guess is that Firefly
> automatically detects iax, whereas X-Lite doesn't.
>
> How do I config X-Lite to see an account as IAX instead of SIP?
>
> TIA
> Adam

In the proxy settings enter iax.1899.com in place of where you have sip.......

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
> "adamc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:de82n4$jfe$(E-Mail Removed)
>
> [snip]
>
>> I've not changed any setting on X-Lite - my guess is that
>> Firefly automatically detects iax, whereas X-Lite doesn't.
>>
>> How do I config X-Lite to see an account as IAX instead
>> of SIP?

> Does X-Lite handle IAX..? I thought it was purely SIP, but I could be
> wrong.
>
> Ivor

Yes, x-lite handles iax.

Roly

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Does X-Lite handle IAX..? I thought it was purely SIP, but I could be
>> wrong.
>>
>> Ivor

> Yes, x-lite handles iax.

No it doesn't - not according to the authors of the program anyway. The only
protocol it supports is SIP.

Roly.