Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Anyone had this Odd SIPGATE error

Reply
Thread Tools

Anyone had this Odd SIPGATE error

 
 
RH
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2005
This is very odd, wondering if anyone else has had this.

All of this morning at various times my mobile phone has been ringing with a
silent caller
finally got ****ed off and rang the number back, Somewhat shocked when my
IP-TALK 203
phone started to ring.

I know it is not the phone, it has no record of my my mobile number and I
was updating firmware when the problem happened.

Went online to my sipgate page and found one mystery call made to my mobile
but not the other 5 or 6..

Very spooky


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2005
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:00:57 +0100, "RH"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


>Went online to my sipgate page and found one mystery call made to my mobile
>but not the other 5 or 6..
>
>Very spooky
>

Expect ANYTHING if Sipgate is involved in any way .
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
RH
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2005

>>Went online to my sipgate page and found one mystery call made to my
>>mobile
>>but not the other 5 or 6..
>>
>>Very spooky
>>

> Expect ANYTHING if Sipgate is involved in any way .


Fair play to Sipgate, support did come back via email in less than a hour.
Could not explain it but they did come back


 
Reply With Quote
 
Chris Blunt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2005
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:07:48 +0100, "RH"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>>>Went online to my sipgate page and found one mystery call made to my
>>>mobile
>>>but not the other 5 or 6..
>>>
>>>Very spooky
>>>

>> Expect ANYTHING if Sipgate is involved in any way .

>
>Fair play to Sipgate, support did come back via email in less than a hour.
>Could not explain it but they did come back


Its strange they could not explain it. You would have thought they
could easily have determined what initiated that call on their
records.

Chris
 
Reply With Quote
 
Joe Harrison
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2005
I've been confused by looking at Sipgate's web page showing your "most
recent calls", if you click on a phone number shown in the list then a
javascript runs and starts actually to dial the number. Your IP phone rings
as well. I don't understand what this is for but it really threw me at
first. Are you sure it wasn't this?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Chris Blunt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2005
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:46:29 GMT, "Joe Harrison"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've been confused by looking at Sipgate's web page showing your "most
>recent calls", if you click on a phone number shown in the list then a
>javascript runs and starts actually to dial the number. Your IP phone rings
>as well. I don't understand what this is for but it really threw me at
>first. Are you sure it wasn't this?


That's a "feature" of Sipgate. You can also initiate a call by
clicking on a number recorded under your account on their web page. It
first rings your phone and after you answer it calls the number you
selected. I don't find it particularly useful. Perhaps its for numeric
dyslexics who find it difficult to manually dial phone numbers
correctly.

Chris
 
Reply With Quote
 
RH
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2005

"Joe Harrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:V01Me.7891$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've been confused by looking at Sipgate's web page showing your "most
> recent calls", if you click on a phone number shown in the list then a
> javascript runs and starts actually to dial the number. Your IP phone
> rings
> as well. I don't understand what this is for but it really threw me at
> first. Are you sure it wasn't this?
>

Nope was not this, unless someone was logged in from a different location
calls started at 9.02 and finished about 10.30 ish.. All rather odd


 
Reply With Quote
 
Ian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2005

"Chris Blunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:07:48 +0100, "RH"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >
> >>>Went online to my sipgate page and found one mystery call made to my
> >>>mobile
> >>>but not the other 5 or 6..
> >>>
> >>>Very spooky
> >>>
> >> Expect ANYTHING if Sipgate is involved in any way .

> >
> >Fair play to Sipgate, support did come back via email in less than a

hour.
> >Could not explain it but they did come back

>
> Its strange they could not explain it. You would have thought they
> could easily have determined what initiated that call on their
> records.
>

I would have hoped so. if not how do they bill people ?

I think it sounds like there normal automated response, "Yep we have a
problem but dont know what it is"

Again it shows a lack of interest or a lack of knowledge about the equpment
they are using.

Ian


 
Reply With Quote
 
Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2005
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 18:17:48 +0100, "Ian" <spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk>
wrote:

>Again it shows a lack of interest or a lack of knowledge about the equpment
>they are using.

Probably both .
 
Reply With Quote
 
Roger
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2005


> Nope was not this, unless someone was logged in from a different location
> calls started at 9.02 and finished about 10.30 ish.. All rather odd
>

I've had this when they've been having problems and calls dont connect -
suddenly after about half an hour my phone will ring and when I pick it up
there's nothing there. When I look at the website it says its my home number
or mobile calling i.e. it seems to have 'stored' the calls I made to check
if incoming was down as well as outgoing and when things get back up
connects the call for some reason.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Odd behavior with odd code Michael Speer C Programming 33 02-18-2007 07:31 AM
Have you ever had your computer crashed at 3am and wished that you had someone to call? lifestylelink Computer Support 10 08-12-2006 03:05 PM
Sipgate: dialing another sipgate number Stuart Millington UK VOIP 8 06-14-2005 05:25 PM
Sipgate - anyone else getting error message Roger UK VOIP 4 05-10-2005 06:18 PM
Has anyone had any experience with these people? =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?= MCSD 1 05-05-2004 05:01 PM



Advertisments