Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Grrr.. Sipura SPA-2100 lacks "Sip-Proxy-Require"

Grrr.. Sipura SPA-2100 lacks "Sip-Proxy-Require"

Mark

Damn:

I've just bought the SPA-2100 thinking it was pretty much firmware
identical to the SPA-2000, only with a router added. Not so.

It turns out that while the SPA-2000 reportedly does have
"Sip-Proxy-Require", the SPA-2100 doesn't have it. My ITSP,
JustDialVoIp, needs that option. The latest 2100 firmware (3.2.1)
doesn't help.

Any suggestions for a new ITSP? I can cancel JDV and move to another
provider - but which one? It would probably be less hassle than
returning the SPA..

Basically I need an i/c geo number and inclusive voicemail/call
forwarding for a few quid per month. Inclusive calls are less
important.

Sipgate won't fit the bill, BTW.

TIA,
--
Mark

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:52:34 +0100, Mark <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Basically I need an i/c geo number and inclusive voicemail/call
>forwarding for a few quid per month. Inclusive calls are less
>important.

Have a look at Voipfone don't know if it is what you are after but
they do provide a very reliable service and respond to emails very
quickly and also phone calls .

Mark

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:08:17 +0100, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:52:34 +0100, Mark <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>

>>Basically I need an i/c geo number and inclusive voicemail/call
>>forwarding for a few quid per month. Inclusive calls are less
>>important.

>Have a look at Voipfone don't know if it is what you are after but
>they do provide a very reliable service and respond to emails very
>quickly and also phone calls .

Thinking it was a bit odd not to support the feature across all the
products I probed a deeper in the settings and did find the
"Sip-Proxy-Require" after all. Panic over.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway - I might go for another service in
addition as the 2100 can have 2 configs.

--
Mark

Sean

Mark wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:08:17 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:52:34 +0100, Mark <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Basically I need an i/c geo number and inclusive voicemail/call
>>>forwarding for a few quid per month. Inclusive calls are less
>>>important.

>>Have a look at Voipfone don't know if it is what you are after but
>>they do provide a very reliable service and respond to emails very
>>quickly and also phone calls .

> Thinking it was a bit odd not to support the feature across all the
> products I probed a deeper in the settings and did find the
> "Sip-Proxy-Require" after all. Panic over.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion anyway - I might go for another service in
> addition as the 2100 can have 2 configs.

Can you tell me what setting you have entered? Do your incoming calls work?

Dave Gill

Mark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Thinking it was a bit odd not to support the feature across all the
> products I probed a deeper in the settings and did find the
> "Sip-Proxy-Require" after all. Panic over.

Yes, the 2100 does have "Sip-Proxy-Require" as you've found, but
strangely the Linksys PAP2, which is also based on the Sipura 2000
definitely doesn't...

Mark

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:27:40 +0100, Sean
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[snip]

>Can you tell me what setting you have entered? Do your incoming calls work?

I flashed to firmware version 3.2.1 (from Sipura support site), the
2100 box was shipped with version 2.0.5c.

Very little needs changing, but at minimum ensure the following are
right (*especially* the codec selection):

Select "Voice" tab
Under AdminLogin -> advanced -> Line1 tab:

SIP Settings:
------------------
SIP Port: 5060
SIP Proxy-require: com.nortelnetworks.firewall

Proxy and Registartion:
----------------------------------
Proxy: Justdial.com
Use outbound proxy: Yes
Outbound Proxy: 82.110.16.193
Use OB proxy in dialogue: Yes

Subscriber Information:
----------------------------------
Dispplayname: <JDVuser name as quoted in your sign-on e-mail>
UserID: <JDVuser name as quoted in your sign-on e-mail>
Password : <JDV password as quoted in your sign-on e-mail>
AuthID: <JDVuser name as quoted in your sign-on e-mail>
Use AuthID: Yes

Under the "Regional" tab, I set:

Miscellaneous
---------------------
CallerID method: ETSI FSK with PR (UK)

There are loads of settings that you probably don't need to change,
but I think that the ATA or the JDV PC Client must be able to use the
G.729 codec (and maybe G.723 as well) else it will not register
correctly with JDV and you won't get i/c calls. So don't enforce any
higher-rate codecs like G.711 else all incoming calls will go to
voicemail (but outgoing calls seem to be possible).

I'm still getting to grips with the ATA. One thing I do like the are
the splash-ring options for VM and always-diverted calls. One thing
I've not found yet is how to withhold CLI on outgoing calls.

HTH,
--
Mark

David Floyd

In message of Thu, 11 Aug 2005, Mark writes
>Under the "Regional" tab, I set:
>
>Miscellaneous
>---------------------
>CallerID method: ETSI FSK with PR (UK)

I find that with the SPA3000 (which is virtually identical as far as
these settings are concerned) that the Caller Display on our DECT phones
displays the incoming number in BOTH the number and the name space. It
fails to pick up the name from the phone's address book

David

jython lacks working xml processing modules? Jane Austine Python 14 07-18-2012 08:09 AM
Can I stitch pictures if my camera lacks stitch mode? cc_brewster@yahoo.com Digital Photography 8 03-19-2006 09:31 AM
VS 2005 "Web Deployment Projects" wdproj lacks macros? DBxGlock ASP .Net 6 11-18-2005 03:45 AM
OSx 10.4 lacks pythonIDE? baza Python 7 05-17-2005 06:18 PM
convert ftp.retrbinary to file object? - Python language lacks expression? Robert Python 5 02-03-2005 04:05 PM

Advertisments