Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Grandstream BT102 phone and ring tones

Grandstream BT102 phone and ring tones

Tom

Hi,

I think Grandstream have a tool to create custom ring tones for this IP
phone, but it is only available for Unix. Does someone know a tool to create
the right files on Windows?

Thanks,
Tom

Mike

Tom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think Grandstream have a tool to create custom ring tones for this IP
> phone, but it is only available for Unix. Does someone know a tool to create
> the right files on Windows?

Yes, a linux install disk should do the trick

Paul D.Smith

Perhaps someone from Grandstream will read this, and other threads, and
realise that having proprietry formats for config files is just silly. A
text config file and support for simple PCM format WAV file is surely not
that hard.

Paul DS.

Mike wrote:

> Tom wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think Grandstream have a tool to create custom ring tones for this IP
>> phone, but it is only available for Unix. Does someone know a tool to
>> create the right files on Windows?

> Yes, a linux install disk should do the trick

Or a liveCD that doesn't require installation...
http://www.liveCDlist.com/
some 300 in that list..

Tom

OK, i have used a Live Linux CD to convert some Wav files to .ring files.
Now, I have no idea how to upload the ring files to the phone...

Help!

Tom

news:InmKe.86013$(E-Mail Removed). uk...

IP Phone Ring Tones adam Cisco 2 01-03-2009 03:22 AM
Move Beyond Games And Ring Tones, NOKIA Challenges mathur Java 1 10-31-2008 10:41 AM
RING RING RING Dashing through the wind, In a four dog dragged sleigh. Oh the street we go, laughing all the way Mathematician C++ 0 12-24-2006 02:26 PM
Poor voice quality on Grandstream BT102 SIP phone Martin UK VOIP 5 02-15-2006 10:15 PM
Ring ring....ring ring.... Slumpy Computer Support 1 07-06-2003 10:57 PM

Advertisments