Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > free voip voicemail ?

Reply
Thread Tools

free voip voicemail ?

 
 
Sean
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-09-2005
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:03:23 +0100, Sean
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:51:18 +0100, Sean
>>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>Can someone confirm this to me.. If i sign up for Vonage.. Then cancel..
>>>>Do i get charged 23.99 or not? I wish to use my own hardware
>>>
>>>By own hardware you mean a Vonage router from Staples I presume
>>>then you will be charged 9.99 and providing you cancel within 14 days
>>>you will get your money back .

>>
>>I mean using a PAP2 i bought, its not from Staples. And what if i want
>>it for a month, and then want to leave? It states they give all
>>customers free hardware, but i dont want it! I'm confoozed

>
> They will send you a pap2 (they do not GIVE anything) which you have
> to return before the 14 days are up then they close your account and
> give you your refund . Now if you intend using an unlocked PAP 2 then
> from what Vonage cus support told me earlier this evening it cannot be
> used in the UK at the moment for a Vonage connection . I was thinking
> of getting one has I am giving thought to a third Vonage line now I
> have got shut of Sipgate .

Oh well, vonage no good to me at the moment. A big hassle to even test
the service out!

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Thomas Rankin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-09-2005
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>
> They will send you a pap2 (they do not GIVE anything) which you have
> to return before the 14 days are up then they close your account and
> give you your refund . Now if you intend using an unlocked PAP 2 then
> from what Vonage cus support told me earlier this evening it cannot be
> used in the UK at the moment for a Vonage connection . I was thinking
> of getting one has I am giving thought to a third Vonage line now I
> have got shut of Sipgate .


I may be getting confused here, but why would you want more than one
vonage line?

Surely you can buy numbers for incoming calls and pipe all your outgoing
calls to a single vonage account?

I know with sipgate I can make 3 calls simultaneously, so I very much
doubt it's a limitation with vonage.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-09-2005
On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:28:59 GMT, Thomas Rankin
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


>I may be getting confused here, but why would you want more than one
>vonage line?

You could also ask why would I want more than one car I have three .
>Surely you can buy numbers for incoming calls and pipe all your outgoing
>calls to a single vonage account?

If you are meaning buy more numbers from Vonage no you can't well you
can but it is one number one line I don't think you can buy a number
then just forward it to an existing line .

 
Reply With Quote
 
Sean
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-09-2005
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:03:23 +0100, Sean
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:51:18 +0100, Sean
>>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>Can someone confirm this to me.. If i sign up for Vonage.. Then cancel..
>>>>Do i get charged 23.99 or not? I wish to use my own hardware
>>>
>>>By own hardware you mean a Vonage router from Staples I presume
>>>then you will be charged 9.99 and providing you cancel within 14 days
>>>you will get your money back .

>>
>>I mean using a PAP2 i bought, its not from Staples. And what if i want
>>it for a month, and then want to leave? It states they give all
>>customers free hardware, but i dont want it! I'm confoozed

>
> They will send you a pap2 (they do not GIVE anything) which you have
> to return before the 14 days are up then they close your account and
> give you your refund . Now if you intend using an unlocked PAP 2 then
> from what Vonage cus support told me earlier this evening it cannot be
> used in the UK at the moment for a Vonage connection . I was thinking
> of getting one has I am giving thought to a third Vonage line now I
> have got shut of Sipgate .


Have you looked at justdialvoip at all?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Thomas Rankin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2005
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:28:59 GMT, Thomas Rankin
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>
>>I may be getting confused here, but why would you want more than one
>>vonage line?

>
> You could also ask why would I want more than one car I have three .
>
>>Surely you can buy numbers for incoming calls and pipe all your outgoing
>>calls to a single vonage account?

>
> If you are meaning buy more numbers from Vonage no you can't well you
> can but it is one number one line I don't think you can buy a number
> then just forward it to an existing line .
>

Other providers let you buy a number and forward it to a SIP address though.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2005
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:57:21 +0100, Sean
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


>Have you looked at justdialvoip at all?

I used to have their max account Sean but the connections where not
all that good quite a lot of noise on the line on every call I closed
my account at the end of June and moved over to Vonage and never
looked back since .I also have an account with Voipfone and I may just
stick their account into the Sipura and use that instead of getting a
third Vonage account only using the account for their mobile call back
service at the moment .
 
Reply With Quote
 
themgt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2005
MrLover wrote:

> www.vonage.co.uk are the winners in my book


NNTP-Posting-Host: 81.110.218.193

AKA Big Boy UK, GOLDSTAR, ShareholderUK, BADBOYSUK, BIGBOSSUK, Stefan
Kaniuk.

Your name is legion, apparently.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ad C
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2005
In article <ddbdkp$nis$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
>Oh well, vonage no good to me at the moment. A big hassle to even test
> the service out!
>

This is another problem, for people wanting to try out the service, it
costs money just to try.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Sean
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2005
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:57:21 +0100, Sean
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>
>>Have you looked at justdialvoip at all?

>
> I used to have their max account Sean but the connections where not
> all that good quite a lot of noise on the line on every call I closed
> my account at the end of June and moved over to Vonage and never
> looked back since .I also have an account with Voipfone and I may just
> stick their account into the Sipura and use that instead of getting a
> third Vonage account only using the account for their mobile call back
> service at the moment .

What hardware did you use the justdialvoip account on? Mnies on a PAP2,
and i cant get incoming calls working
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mathew Curtis
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2005

Ad C wrote:
> In article <ddbdkp$nis$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >Oh well, vonage no good to me at the moment. A big hassle to even test
> > the service out!
> >

> This is another problem, for people wanting to try out the service, it
> costs money just to try.


Its free to try www.voipfone.co.uk

Mat

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Setting up voip.co.uk voicemail Brian A UK VOIP 9 11-28-2005 08:09 PM



Advertisments