Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > free voip voicemail ?

free voip voicemail ?

Steve Loft

> reliable from the word go . If you are getting Sipgate for zero cost
> have they started giving calls to every phone in the world for NOTHING
> now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

I'm sorry, if I'd known you had a reading disability, I wouldn't have
used long words like 'reliability'.

I haven't paid Sipgate a penny. Who said anything about making calls?
We're talking about voicemail.
--
Steve Loft

Thomas Rankin

Steve Loft wrote:
> H@rro wrote:
>
>> very nice that you've been very happy with them, but you cannot upload
>> a ..wav file which is player
>> when someone reaches the voicemail. this is mainly where I have to use
>> it for.

> Ah, right, sorry. I thought you'd be able to play the .wav down the
> phone and record it that way.

You mean by dialling 50000 then 0, 1 ?

Strangely iirc I know how to get a rockwell-based modem to play wav
files down a phone line, (if it's one whose firmware allows you to use
the decompress audio command).

Mind you, it only works with PCM unsigned linear iirc. (can't remember
the rate, was getting on for 10 years ago that I last did it).

Thomas Rankin

Steve Loft wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> reliable from the word go . If you are getting Sipgate for zero cost
>> have they started giving calls to every phone in the world for NOTHING
>> now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

> I'm sorry, if I'd known you had a reading disability, I wouldn't have
> used long words like 'reliability'.
>
> I haven't paid Sipgate a penny. Who said anything about making calls?
> We're talking about voicemail.

Well, as far as making calls, looking at the sipgate 1000 section of my
account and billing page:

State active
valid until: 30.08.2005 00:16
Extended: automatic
Calls: 91
used: 943 Minutes
remaining: 57 Minutes

And I haven't had a problem with a single minute of it.

GOLDSTAR

"Steve Loft" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message > We're talking about
voicemail.

sipgate are crap face it lofty, try a reliable and decent voip provider such
as vonage dot co dot uk

Ivor Jones

GOLDSTAR wrote:
> "Steve Loft" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message > We're talking
> about voicemail.
>

> sipgate are crap face it lofty, try a reliable and decent voip
> provider such as vonage dot co dot uk

And *another* one from 81.110.218.193 eh, Stefan..!

Ivor

Sean

Thomas Rankin wrote:
> Steve Loft wrote:
>
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>> reliable from the word go . If you are getting Sipgate for zero cost
>>> have they started giving calls to every phone in the world for NOTHING
>>> now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

>> I'm sorry, if I'd known you had a reading disability, I wouldn't have
>> used long words like 'reliability'.
>>
>> I haven't paid Sipgate a penny. Who said anything about making calls?
>> We're talking about voicemail.

> Well, as far as making calls, looking at the sipgate 1000 section of my
> account and billing page:
>
> State active
> valid until: 30.08.2005 00:16
> Extended: automatic
> Calls: 91
> used: 943 Minutes
> remaining: 57 Minutes
>
> And I haven't had a problem with a single minute of it.

Mines now got no minutes left, they've gone in 5 days

Sean

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 19:59:38 GMT, Steve Loft <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>

>>>Don't take very much to make you happy then I wouldn't recommend
>>>Sipgate to my worst enemy .

>><shrug>
>>
>>Of course, you're absolutely right, it doesn't take much to make me
>>happy: 100% reliability at zero cost, that's all it's taken.

> When you have had an account with them as long has I had then come
> back here and talk about 100 reliability at zero cost for starters how
> can you talk about reliability when the voicemail has not been
> reliable from the word go . If you are getting Sipgate for zero cost
> have they started giving calls to every phone in the world for NOTHING
> now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Can someone confirm this to me.. If i sign up for Vonage.. Then cancel..
Do i get charged 23.99 or not? I wish to use my own hardware

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:51:18 +0100, Sean
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can someone confirm this to me.. If i sign up for Vonage.. Then cancel..
>Do i get charged 23.99 or not? I wish to use my own hardware

By own hardware you mean a Vonage router from Staples I presume
then you will be charged 9.99 and providing you cancel within 14 days
you will get your money back .

Sean

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:51:18 +0100, Sean
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Can someone confirm this to me.. If i sign up for Vonage.. Then cancel..
>>Do i get charged 23.99 or not? I wish to use my own hardware

> By own hardware you mean a Vonage router from Staples I presume
> then you will be charged 9.99 and providing you cancel within 14 days
> you will get your money back .

I mean using a PAP2 i bought, its not from Staples. And what if i want
it for a month, and then want to leave? It states they give all
customers free hardware, but i dont want it! I'm confoozed

Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:03:23 +0100, Sean
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:51:18 +0100, Sean
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>Can someone confirm this to me.. If i sign up for Vonage.. Then cancel..
>>>Do i get charged 23.99 or not? I wish to use my own hardware

>> By own hardware you mean a Vonage router from Staples I presume
>> then you will be charged 9.99 and providing you cancel within 14 days
>> you will get your money back .

>I mean using a PAP2 i bought, its not from Staples. And what if i want
>it for a month, and then want to leave? It states they give all
>customers free hardware, but i dont want it! I'm confoozed

They will send you a pap2 (they do not GIVE anything) which you have
to return before the 14 days are up then they close your account and
give you your refund . Now if you intend using an unlocked PAP 2 then
from what Vonage cus support told me earlier this evening it cannot be
used in the UK at the moment for a Vonage connection . I was thinking
of getting one has I am giving thought to a third Vonage line now I
have got shut of Sipgate .